Big Graphics Card Comparison Of Metro Redux Games On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Passso View Post
    I am pretty sure that drivers for ATI Rage XL are damn good and waaaaaaaaaay better than radeonsi or fglrx.

You MUST sell them!!!
    The dumbest thing I read you say ever.

Comment

• That might have been sarcasm

Actually the Linux drivers for Rage XL were relatively limited compared to what is available today. They did have 3D though and IIRC were written by the Precision Insight / Tungsten Graphics / LunarG folks.
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        That might have been sarcasm

Actually the Linux drivers for Rage XL were relatively limited compared to what is available today. They did have 3D though and IIRC were written by the Precision Insight / Tungsten Graphics / LunarG folks.
        [MODE duby229=ON]
        What you say is just stupid, Rage XL just outperform 10x Titan X in 1D calculation with open source driver.
        [/MODE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Passso View Post
          [MODE duby229=ON]
          What you say is just stupid, Rage XL just outperform 10x Titan X in 1D calculation with open source driver.
          [/MODE]
          Dumber and dumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            That might have been sarcasm

Nah, he's just pushing troll bait.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Sure those cards are aging, but the drivers for them are damn good and they are fast enough to server almost everyones needs. It is getting harder to find them new, but they are still available.
              The question was: What do you recommend to someone wanting a videocard for highend gaming on Linux. Your reply was that you will recommend the HD6870 or the R9 280X. Just have a look at these benchmarks and tell us again that they are fast enough to run those games. You Sir, are a liar, a prime example of a fraud and your behavior is in fact damaging to gaming on Linux, nothing more.
              Everyone can imagine how that works out:
              - Customers asks Mr. Duby about a highend gaming card for Linux
              - Mr Duby recommends a R9 280X and recommends using the free drivers
              - Customer tries to play this game, oh wonder, doesn't work
              - Customer tries it with the Catalyst driver, works, but with the performance we can see in these benchmarks
              - Customer sees the same game on a friends Windows machine with a middle-class AMD or Nvidia card with good performance
              - Customers conclusions: 1. the free drivers suck because they don't work, 2. Linux sucks because it can't compete with Windows' performance, 3. Mr. Duby sucks because he seems to be incompetent (when in reality he is just a fraud and a fanboy mixed in one person).

Great job, Mr. Duby, great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                The question was: What do you recommend to someone wanting a videocard for highend gaming on Linux. Your reply was that you will recommend the HD6870 or the R9 280X. Just have a look at these benchmarks and tell us again that they are fast enough to run those games. You Sir, are a liar, a prime example of a fraud and your behavior is in fact damaging to gaming on Linux, nothing more.
                Everyone can imagine how that works out:
                - Customers asks Mr. Duby about a highend gaming card for Linux
                - Mr Duby recommends a R9 280X and recommends using the free drivers
                - Customer tries to play this game, oh wonder, doesn't work
                - Customer tries it with the Catalyst driver, works, but with the performance we can see in these benchmarks
                - Customer sees the same game on a friends Windows machine with a middle-class AMD or Nvidia card with good performance
                - Customers conclusions: 1. the free drivers suck because they don't work, 2. Linux sucks because it can't compete with Windows' performance, 3. Mr. Duby sucks because he seems to be incompetent (when in reality he is just a fraud and a fanboy mixed in one person).

Great job, Mr. Duby, great job.
                It's kinda funny how your own extremism has warped and twisted. Your own fanboyism has corrupted your own views.

I don't know why you keep asking me to repeat myself. The only real critisism of the OSS drivers is mesas level of OpenGL support. And that is improving almost daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  It's kinda funny how your own extremism has warped and twisted. Your own fanboyism has corrupted your own views.

I don't know why you keep asking me to repeat myself. The only real critisism of the OSS drivers is mesas level of OpenGL support. And that is improving almost daily.
                  Maybe I should do it slowly, so that is has a chance to pass through to your twisted reality:
                  - You tell your customers that are using Windows with Intel systems that somehow those Intel systems won't run a Windows desktop to sell them graphics cards. Highly unethical at least, fraud in my eyes.
                  - You yourself admitted to recommend AMD cards for highend gaming on Linux, together with the OSS drivers, even when those drivers lack functionality to even run games like the somewhat popular Metro series and even when you know that the OSS drivers are, according to your own words, slower than the already poor performing Catalyst drivers. Highly unethical, fraud in my eyes.

In short, you are a fraud and hide it behind your OSS zealotry, nothing more, nothing less.
                  I guess, no, actually I am sure that you don't even get the irony when you are telling people that point out the flaws in your behavior that they are the ones with the "corrupted views" and that they are the fanboys.
                  There is only one corrupted person in this thread, only one person that deceives his customers for personal gain: Jon Duby.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                    Maybe I should do it slowly, so that is has a chance to pass through to your twisted reality:
                    - You tell your customers that are using Windows with Intel systems that somehow those Intel systems won't run a Windows desktop to sell them graphics cards. Highly unethical at least, fraud in my eyes.
                    - You yourself admitted to recommend AMD cards for highend gaming on Linux, together with the OSS drivers, even when those drivers lack functionality to even run games like the somewhat popular Metro series and even when you know that the OSS drivers are, according to your own words, slower than the already poor performing Catalyst drivers. Highly unethical, fraud in my eyes.

In short, you are a fraud and hide it behind your OSS zealotry, nothing more, nothing less.
                    I guess, no, actually I am sure that you don't even get the irony when you are telling people that point out the flaws in your behavior that they are the ones with the "corrupted views" and that they are the fanboys.
                    There is only one corrupted person in this thread, only one person that deceives his customers for personal gain: Jon Duby.
                    I don't recommend nVidia products for use on linux because it hurts linux. I recommend AMD products with OSS drivers on linux because they are solid and stable. There aren't many games the OSS drivers can't run and it won't take much longer before it can run those. Additionally you should realize that OpenGL is not ideal for AMD's current generation of hardware, it's the whole point in Mantle, DX12, and Vulkan. I have zero doubt the situation will improve dramatically as games and drivers become available for those API's. Meanwhile my customers are happily using hardware that functions just fine while being completely oblivious to it. Most of them don't know or care. That's my job is to make sure they don't need to know or care. AMD's OSS driver makes it simple while upholding my own standard of ideals.

I use my name, I'm not trying to hide it. I'm proud of who I am, what I believe in, and what I've accomplished.

Comment

• You can be proud about it the whole day, if you want, that doesn't change the facts: You are a fraud deceiving your customers for personal gain.

Comment

Working...
                      X