Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    I guess Michael can improve phoronix-test-suite to automaticaly calculate and show percentages in benchmarks. People often talking about and can remember percentages .

I also use radeon driver but i always talking roughly about 80%, sometimes it can be above 100% of fglrx performance, sometimes 70% let say. Depending on the app it can be 40-130% but those are extremes and rarely happens

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Temar View Post
    No. Try again, use a calculator this time.
    You can look at for yourself, you posted the links, so you clearly already did. Must be mental bias.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Most of them do fall within 90% or better.
    No. Try again, use a calculator this time.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    I've seen Windows slideshows too. But the cause was the 5+ app updaters running in the background and various kinds of shovelware that willingly or unwillingly found its way onto the computer. The GPU being Intel, AMD or Nvidia. It seems your repair services are mostly centered around scamming people into buying new hardware.
    Oh I definitely know how to clean a windows machine. I charge 145$ for it. When dealing with INtel graphics there are 2 choices, 1: Upgrade the video card or 2: disable most desktop effects.

Those are the only options that exists. If my customers don't choose 1: then I fall back to 2:

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Nope, you are hallucinating or you fail in percentage calculations.

Some very old cards get close to 90% in some tests but most of the time the open driver loses by a mile.
    I'm looking at the same benchmark results you are, and plainly these results are damn good for the OSS driver. Most of them do fall within 90% or better.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    I repair windows computers for a living. I have to deal with Intels slideshow desktop basically everyday.
    I've seen Windows slideshows too. But the cause was the 5+ app updaters running in the background and various kinds of shovelware that willingly or unwillingly found its way onto the computer. The GPU being Intel, AMD or Nvidia. It seems your repair services are mostly centered around scamming people into buying new hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Most of them OSS is 90% or better.
    Nope, you are hallucinating or you fail in percentage calculations.

Some very old cards get close to 90% in some tests but most of the time the open driver loses by a mile.
    Last edited by Temar; 23 March 2015, 05:54 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Maybe in your wet dreams:
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wouldn't call it "WAAAAY faster" but at least it can beat Catalyst in some tests:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...xorg-117&num=1
    Did you actually take the time to look through those links? Most of them OSS is 90% or better. I admit r600g is closer to that mark than radeonsi, but radeonsi is much better since about 2 months ago. Thanks for the links.

I hate to say it, but benchmarking 2d doesn't work well. Maybe it isn't very measurable but it is very percievable.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    Erm, dude, WTF are you talking about? Seriously, what the heck are you talking about? This is so far removed from reality, it's... cloud cuckoo land.

Lay off the drugs man. Drugs are bad, mkay?
    I repair windows computers for a living. I have to deal with Intels slideshow desktop basically everyday. The only good thing about it is I can sell graphics upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    The truth is the -only- Intel GPU that can run a desktop comfortably is the Iris Pro with integrated eDRAM. Lets look at the past here.... On Vista's launch Intel graphics couldn't run that desktop. On windows 8 launch Intel graphics couldn't run that desktop. On KDE4 release Intel graphics couldn't run that desktop. On Gnome3 release Intel graphics couldn't run that desktop. How many times does Intel have to prove that they don't care?
    Erm, dude, WTF are you talking about? Seriously, what the heck are you talking about? This is so far removed from reality, it's... cloud cuckoo land.

Lay off the drugs man. Drugs are bad, mkay?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X