Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3870X2 does it work, if not ill find out the 11th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3870X2 does it work, if not ill find out the 11th!

I wonder... if the 3870 X2 will at all work, it works in transparent CF, that will be maybe no issue in linux.

Drivers definetly need to be made i guess, but the 2 3870 gpu's RV670. clocked at 825 mhz might work, since it is transparent, and does games normal CF setup doesnt =).

all though i havnt seen a 3870 X2 run in linux yet, but ill get it by next monday =)

have any1 here tried it ? please tell me bout experiences with it if you guys have.

Originally posted by Ole-Martin Broz View Post
    I wonder... if the 3870 X2 will at all work, it works in transparent CF, that will be maybe no issue in linux.
    I think the 3870X2 is being described as "transparent" to the user, not to the drivers -- it still needs Crossfire support in the drivers to have both GPUs running.
    Last edited by bridgman; 05 February 2008, 08:11 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

arg, well i hope it works as a single without issues

Comment

Not working(at this time)

Originally posted by Ole-Martin Broz View Post

Drivers definetly need to be made i guess, but the 2 3870 gpu's RV670. clocked at 825 mhz might work, since it is transparent, and does games normal CF setup doesnt =).

all though i havnt seen a 3870 X2 run in linux yet, but ill get it by next monday =)

have any1 here tried it ? please tell me bout experiences with it if you guys have.
        Last week I received my HD3970X2, I can verify that it does NOT work with the drivers out today!
        But I think it whould not be so hard to get this card working, atleast without CF & DRI..

I took a look at the radeonhd driver and tried to add a new definition for this card, but I don't know how to get the hardware ID. Tried with different options in lspci but no clue at all where to find this ID. I guess that there is some sort of list with IDs for every graphic adapters, if someone know where to get these please reply.

None of the: ati, fglrx, radeon, radeonhd or vga drivers is working with this card. All of them just complains with "No device detected".

Comment

For the RadeonHD driver it should work if checking out the code from the latest git, are you doing that right now?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

My bad..

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            For the RadeonHD driver it should work if checking out the code from the latest git, are you doing that right now?
            No I have not, I'll check that...
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X