ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!
    My first message on the forum, even if I'm a long-time lurker of Phoronix ;-)

My question is: does anyone ever tried to connect a LCD-TV via HDMI to this card? I have a sony 40" LCD TV and I'd like to buy this card to setup a MythTV box. I want to use HDMI link. Does it work well? Is it possible to mux the video signal from the AMD card with audio signal from the mobo?

Thanx a lot! Bye

Comment

I haven't used the HDMI dongle with the 3650 specifically, but with the 3850 and a DVI dongle to a 32" TV it worked fine.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I haven't used the HDMI dongle with the 3650 specifically, but with the 3850 and a DVI dongle to a 32" TV it worked fine.
        By "worked fine" you mean that both audio and video performed well with a Tv and a LINUX box???

edit: ooops sorry... You used DVI dongle :-((((

Anyway, thanx, and I take the occasion to tell you thank you for your great site! I really appreciate it.
        Greetings from Italy

Teo
        Last edited by TeoLinuX; 18 March 2008, 07:57 PM.

Comment

AGP-version

Has anybody tested agp version of this card?
          I'm afraid to buy it because of this ati message:

I have older machine and there is not suitable nvidia GPU for agp slot.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
            Problem solved. I needed a BIOS upgrade, I was using the one released in September, while I needed the November one. Thanks for the great service, ASUS, your changelogs are really helpful in *not* mentioning what you actually changed...
            I didn't even know Asus bothered to *provide* BIOS updates until I read your post. Their website is so awful that they served me a blank page with nothing more than a template, because I had the audacity to click the link from their page on the motherboard rather than the link from their main page.

Of course, I can only get that far if their server isn't overloaded.

Comment

Working...
            X