Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asariati View Post
    GTX 760 beats R290 in several cases
    Due to the driver inequity, even a Riva TNT would beat it under linux...

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
      Dead Island with the main characters (the game segfaults with mesa).
      Dead Island needs allow_glsl_extension_directive_midshader=true env, like Unigine demos and probably some other games, but at least for this one it is fixed in mesa:

People should try those envs, sometimes some of those may help some games running.

Code:
      xdriinfo options radeonsi | grep "<option"
      Last edited by dungeon; 28 January 2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Mind if I say "worked around" in mesa rather than "fixed" in mesa, since strictly speaking it's a driver workaround for an illegal sequence in the application's shader ?
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Mind if I say "worked around" in mesa rather than "fixed" in mesa, since strictly speaking it's a driver workaround for an illegal sequence in the application's shader ?
          Yes those are workarounds of course, but for *users* not involved with the driver developent it is easer to say game is fixed, which means you are safe to run a game with the following variabile.

Let alone game XYZ shouldn't do that of course

Comment

Due to the driver inequity, even a Riva TNT would beat it under linux
            No. Due to NvidiaPseudoGL.

Comment

Has Radeon/AMD ever won (proprietary benchmark)?

I don't recall ever seen a "win" for AMD/ATI/Radeon with Catalyst (etc.) against Nvidia proprietary...

It's sad that Nvidia was the first to invest in having a mostly common core software wise, but yet AMD became the more open solution... wish it was the other way around.

Oh well.

So at least for me, I don't see AMD winning, there's just to much variance between their product lines (especially in the past).

Where they can win is on the open source side of the fence, but obviously limited to just some card architectures... but I'm ok with that.

Comment

one more year

one more year and amd continue with garbage drivers

Comment

Not enough 1440p tests to show where the 290 shines.

Comment

Working...
                  X