Clear All

• drSeehas
    replied
    APU

And still no AMD APU :-(

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Here's the main issue I'm hitting: http://steamcommunity.com/app/286690...3787410183094/

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    If the Metro benchmark doesn't work, just write an article about it and it'll be fixed in no time. We all know the magic of Phoronix.

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Did you get the results to be actually printed out? I Don't see anything dumped to the CLI nor any file generated even after playing around with the -output_file and running the metro binary directly, etc.

The benchmark.sh in Metro LL Redux sadly doesn't seem to work but just launches the game.
    The results were not printed out in the terminal, it was just in-game after the 2nd automated run.
    The benchmark works on 2033 and Last Light for me.

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Metro\ 2033\ Redux/benchmark.sh

You might have to run the game normally before running the benchmark (launch the first level?).

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
    I ask because it actually works.
    I ran the benchmark.sh file that is included and after the 2nd round, it'll give you a performance summary.

If you do end up benchmarking it, I suggest you use the latest stable nvidia driver.
    The current beta driver has graphical glitches with the Metro Redux games.
    Did you get the results to be actually printed out? I Don't see anything dumped to the CLI nor any file generated even after playing around with the -output_file and running the metro binary directly, etc.

The benchmark.sh in Metro LL Redux sadly doesn't seem to work but just launches the game.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    It would be interesting to see a 14.9 vs 346 benchmark as well. As we saw in the omega benchmark, anything but the 290x suffered some performance loss with the new omega driver.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    AMD better bring gold with the new AMDGPU kernel driver. However, it won't change the OpenGL 3D code, I guess. :/

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I'm surprised the 780Ti and R9 290 fared as well as they did in some tests. I suppose it shouldn't be TOO surprising, since some of these tests care more about number of the number of pipelines rather than the efficiency of each individual one.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
    I ran the benchmark.sh file that is included and after the 2nd round, it'll give you a performance summary.

If you do end up benchmarking it, I suggest you use the latest stable nvidia driver.
    Well, bought the games and starting tests soon as downloads are done. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Haven't heard from anyone yet whether the benchmark binary got ported so until I do so, probably not going to bother buying the games.

Last edited by SolidSteel144; 12 December 2014, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X