Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
    Open or closed source driver?
    The open sourced one

Leave a comment:

• drSeehas
    replied
    Driver?

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
    ... works smoother than my Radeon 7750 ...
    Open or closed source driver?

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by cantpostanon View Post
    It'd be nice to see the A10-7850K next to these.
    ...or the A10-7800 or even AMD Trinity or Richland APUs...Michael have the board than can use ANY of them (witch is irrelevant to Intel APUs), have the RAM that can work with ANY of those AMD APUs (again, irrelevant for Intel, so, its not as if he had to swap RAM from Mobo to Mobo...and yes, even a A6-5400K works perfectly with RAM set to 2133MHz) so he only needed to install a HDD/SDD and swap the darn APUs to make the tests...

...but apparently swap a AMD APU in its socket its harder work than swap a dGPU and Michael can't be bothered with that

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    I was looking around for a 6870 vs 260X comparison on linux and this is exactly it. So it looks tome like buying a cheap, used 6870 might be a better bet than a new, more expensive 260, given that I'll probably stick to the open source driver. i still can't stand Catalyst 2D performance on composited KWin. It's awful.

Leave a comment:

• cantpostanon
    replied
    It'd be nice to see the A10-7850K next to these.

Leave a comment:

• przemoli
    replied
    260x vs 270x

Anyone have those cards here?

How are non-performance things playing out for them? Fans? Video encode/decode? Issues with DEs?

Currently 270x (with 2GB) is twice as expensive as 260x...

And since I can not use Win gamer purchase guides, I think I will pick GPU with good support (but for gaming so AMD is only thing right now, as current gen Intel is ... pricey).

I still have some months, and maybe I should wait a bit longer to see if radeonSI will differentiate performance some more (meaning, it will max out 270x perf :P )...

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Michael, why you insist that 6870 is the best bet? According to you last benchmarks, the R7 260x is faster, newer, with lower power consumption, cheaper and even smaller. Did you experience any strange behaviour with it? I'm asking because I'm building a new pc for my living room and I have not decide yet about the VGA.

Thank you for the great benchmarks!

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    tried to play Mass Effect 3 MP with Intel Graphics on Windows once (Xeon E3-1245v3) and it was a not so pleasant stutter-fest - even in low resolutions

but considering at what clock rate and stats it runs it was rather impressive (not really playable - stuttering - since I prefer to do infiltrator classes + sniping) but still was able to finish the match

really would have liked to get a Xeon with Iris Pro
    According to the comments in Skylake's driver, there is Iris Pro for Server, but NOT FOR Desktop
    So I need to buy Xeon for the best Skylake Iris

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by mendieta View Post
    These integrated GPU's are awesome, and you can play games, including 3D, assuming you are ok playing at lower resolutions and losing some detail. They are definitely not a gamer's dream, but my kids play a ton of steam games on intel graphics, no complains!
    tried to play Mass Effect 3 MP with Intel Graphics on Windows once (Xeon E3-1245v3) and it was a not so pleasant stutter-fest - even in low resolutions

but considering at what clock rate and stats it runs it was rather impressive (not really playable - stuttering - since I prefer to do infiltrator classes + sniping) but still was able to finish the match

really would have liked to get a Xeon with Iris Pro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X