Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15-Way GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.3 + Linux 3.17

Phoronix: 15-Way GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.3 + Linux 3.17

For those that have been mailing in requests for benchmarks of Mesa 10.3 with Linux 3.16~3.17 given that's what most Q4'2014 Linux distributions are setting to ship, here's a 15-way graphics processor comparison on this stack.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lol intel is really bad in GPU stuff

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
      It's because there is no dedicated Intel GPU, these are the little integrated graphic processors you can find in intel CPU. They are here mostly in case a computed doesn't have any dedicated GPU. Basic things will work great. Not for gaming though.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
        It's because there is no dedicated Intel GPU, these are the little integrated graphic processors you can find in intel CPU. They are here mostly in case a computed doesn't have any dedicated GPU. Basic things will work great. Not for gaming though.
        My Intel HD4600 works smoother than my Radeon 7750 for Gnome 3 desktop, and has fewer bugs.
        So imo there is no reason to choose discrete gpu under Linux if you don't play games.

Comment

Nice to see that nouveau doesn't have embarrassing results anymore. Still needs improvements but I'm not looking at those charts thinking "wow they're really far behind".

As an owner of 2 HD5750s, I'm a little disappointed to see the HD5770 in these tests is starting to fall behind. I don't have any immediate plans to upgrade, but I feel like by the time I do, crossfire support for the FOSS drivers will be released.

Comment

maybe

maybe, ofc intel gpu is much better in 2d performance, in 3d is a weak gpu, i have a 4000 and its good for desktop for gaming i use the nvidia card but one year ago i remember i can play cs cz with a intel 3000 and cant play with catalyst on 6770m

Comment

Intel GPU is comparable with other GPUs with same power consumption. Intel GPU is using only about 20 Watt, but discrete GPUs can exceed 100 Watt.

Comment

So, how do these things perform when you pull that i7 out and add a 2GHz Pentium?

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
                  They are here mostly in case a computed doesn't have any dedicated GPU.
                  Which isn't exactly uncommon, you know. If you're not actually a gamer, a dedicated GPU is probably a waste of money, and an obstruction if what you want is a compact quiet machine. Last time I built a new machine, I ended up just sticking with the integrated Radeon 4xxx-series) graphics... it would have been crap for games, but perfectly adequate for normal desktop use...

Comment

Nice surprise to see the RadeonSi finally faster than the HD 6870. Even the Nvidia hardware is getting up to speed in open source.

Comment

Working...
                    X