Counter-Strike: Global Offensive NVIDIA/AMD Benchmarks On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
    Why then do you always pick the most ugly and confusing presentation ?
    Welp, I've had enough of the internet today.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      To me the data is not confusing... In terms of ugliness, any patches to better the graph's visual presentation are welcome; graphics/UI are an area I hate.
      Look, I don't mean to be a prick. Software development is a hard business and people will
      always be whining about stuff they get for free. On the other side, PTS is your child and
      it really is in your best interest to develop it according to users feedback. It might be open
      source software, but I (and I presume many alike) certainly will not click on OpenBenchmarking
      to play with charts and/or dive into xml parsing just to be able to see regular performance
      sorted results. One of these days Linux will seize enough ground to become interesting to
      big publishing players, and they will have performance sorted charts, color coding, decent
      responsive web design and similar. Where will Phoronix be then, it's up to you.
      As a fellow enterpreneut to another, I sincerely wish you best of luck

Comment

Wine version with Nine

Radeon HD 6570 around 30fps?

By looking at version running under wine, with HD 6550D, Nine + DRI3 support (experimental, not finished yet) I getting around 40 fps...

I expected better optimization for OpenGL...

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post
          One of these days Linux will seize enough ground to become interesting to
          big publishing players, and they will have performance sorted charts, color coding, decent
          responsive web design and similar. Where will Phoronix be then, it's up to you.
          Can you name some examples of such good benchmark sites?

Anything with Flash charts or JS overuse is definitely not responsive or usable. Tom's nowadays hogs cpu like nothing else. Anandtech charts are certainly color-coded, but they are static, and you can't get at the data.

Phoronix has the advantage of a repeatable test suite that almost no other site has, too, which lets many viewers overlook the looks.

Comment

@Michael: Please, include AMD's Evergreen and/or NI hardware in your open source benchmark. Thanks!

Comment

On Mesa 10.2 and 10.4-dev with my latest configuration, CS:GO is failing to start for Radeon :/
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Can you name some examples of such good benchmark sites?

Anything with Flash charts or JS overuse is definitely not responsive or usable. Tom's nowadays hogs cpu like nothing else. Anandtech charts are certainly color-coded, but they are static, and you can't get at the data.

Phoronix has the advantage of a repeatable test suite that almost no other site has, too, which lets many viewers overlook the looks.
                I think Phoronix is great. And PTS is also great. But I'm a geek, programmer and will never click on a single
                ad, nor will I turn off my adblocking software. It just ain't gonna happen, it's nothing personal. People who
                are going to click on ads are the people that want colors, fancy charts, stuff they can understand and use.
                This is not me bashing Michael, exactly the opposite - it's easy for him to do better, it's not high science to
                create such charts and he should just do it, because it's the right thing to do. Or he could take offense, say
                that he doesn't like graphics/UI, say that he'll take patches or just plainly say - No, I don't give a f...
                But that's not reasonable, wise nor professional. You even might say it's a bit childish.

Regarding benchmark sites, I consider information presentation on TechReport, AnandTech, Ars Technica and
                TomsHardware clearly superior to Phoronix. And it's not even a design thing, I'm saying this from a useability
                perspective. To paraphrase Pulp Fiction: "so pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f...ing charts..."

Comment

On Mesa 10.2 and 10.4-dev with my latest configuration, CS:GO is failing to start for Radeon :/
                  Really? On my system (HD 7950) radeonsi is on par with Catalyst: http://www.linuxsystems.it/2014/09/c...-par-catalyst/
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    Really? On my system (HD 7950) radeonsi is on par with Catalyst: http://www.linuxsystems.it/2014/09/c...-par-catalyst/
                    It might be due to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH hell with getting CS:GO to run properly outside of Steam with PTS, still playing around.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It might be due to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH hell with getting CS:GO to run properly outside of Steam with PTS, still playing around.
                      CS:GO seems to ship its own libgcc_s.so and libstdc++.so so removing them allows the game to start.

NOTE: you dont' have to remove the ones in the steam runtime but the libs shipped by CS GO!
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X