No announcement yet.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive NVIDIA/AMD Benchmarks On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael plz also benchmark STABLE software more often. You complain about stability with intel oss and amd r270, but at the same time you use catalyst beta and ubuntu beta. This is surely software that is not tested or supported by valve.

testing git and beta stuff is exciting to see progress in OSS drivers, but not for a actual game release, that is meant to be high quality (because it comes from valve) and tested on stable software stack.

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post
      I appreciate producing this benchmark so fast. Congrats. Couple of ideas though.
      It's industry standard to present performance sorted results (AnandTech, TechReport,
      TomsHardware, to name a few). Also, it's standard to show competitors products
      with different color codes (for example, nVidia green, Intel blue, ATi/AMD red, or so).
      I don't know if it is possible for PTS to present such charts, but it should be by now.
      We have 'the technology'.
      thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post
        I appreciate producing this benchmark so fast. Congrats. Couple of ideas though.
        It's industry standard to present performance sorted results (AnandTech, TechReport,
        TomsHardware, to name a few). Also, it's standard to show competitors products
        with different color codes (for example, nVidia green, Intel blue, ATi/AMD red, or so).
        I don't know if it is possible for PTS to present such charts, but it should be by now.
        We have 'the technology'.
        Yeah, this would be helpful if it's not too difficult

Comment

numbers for for the OSS stack and A10 7800 ? that's the only thing of interest at the moment :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Plenty of benchmarks for this short time, it does not show too much but it seems there is a 200 fps limit now in the engine.
            Nope, luckily there isn't. I'm getting over 500FPS on a local, empty Dust2. You need to set "fps_max 0" first to disable the frame limiter.

Comment

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
              numbers for for the OSS stack and A10 7850K ? that's the only thing of interest at the moment :-)
              Fixed it for you.

Comment

From these and from earlier benchmarks, this R7 260x seems very attractive option for my living room.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                  Fixed it for you.
                  there was nothing to fix. 7850K is not of interest to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                    From these and from earlier benchmarks, this R7 260x seems very attractive option for my living room.
                    Can confirm, my R7 260X is pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                      Michael plz also benchmark STABLE software more often. You complain about stability with intel oss and amd r270, but at the same time you use catalyst beta and ubuntu beta. This is surely software that is not tested or supported by valve.

testing git and beta stuff is exciting to see progress in OSS drivers, but not for a actual game release, that is meant to be high quality (because it comes from valve) and tested on stable software stack.
                      At least I am happy that he tests the bleeding edge drivers. Because my experience with AMD graphics cards is that many games just don't work at all or are just unstable with the "stable" release of catalyst or MESA.

And +1 for performance sorted results and colours. Good idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X