replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    Does the 290 run on Mesa yet?
    I want to know this as well.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
    Hopefully as Intel make progress on power and performance and the linux driver remains reasonably open, it will put pressure on NVidia and AMD to do more.
    Actually, Intel's Skylake due in 2015, will have really good graphics performance. It is rumoured that Iris Pro will become mainstream. Currently Iris Pro 5200 can even play Crysis 3 with reasonable settings, imagine 2-3 times that performance. If only drivers improve, we could have a winner...

Leave a comment:

• felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    Nice trolling.

Intel drivers suffer random tearing for me, with nvidia I can play metro , serious sam bfe 3, dota 2, half life, counter strike, left 4 dead 2 etc, very smooth, and I have Windows 8.1 too for playing battlefield 4.
    a real gamer play those games when they come out, 10 years ago... metro last ligth and serious sam 3 sucks i don't know who call AAA to metro

Leave a comment:

• legluondunet
    replied
    I'm a linux gamer, I play on Steam Linux game but windows game too with Wine.
    I recently changed my graphic card from a AMD 7850 to a Nvidia GTX 770, it's a night and the day change!
    The Nvidia GTX 770 performance are impressive on Linux and more stable.
    Then Wine compatibility and performance are far better with Nvidia card.
    At the moment the best choice for a linux gamer is to buy a Nvidia card.
    Perrhaps tomorrow AMD will offer better experience for Linux users, but not today.

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    I've had to many bad experiences with AMD/ATI cards, both drivers and bundled apps, even with Windows, to ever buy one again.

OK, a closed binary blob is a political fail for OSS, but at the end of the day it's NVidia's intellectual property and as long as you know in advance that's what you're buying into, then that's your choice.

Qualcomm/Adreno is just as bad.

Hopefully as Intel make progress on power and performance and the linux driver remains reasonably open, it will put pressure on NVidia and AMD to do more.

I don't know much about Arm's own Mali hardware and drivers to comment, but I think they're better than Adreno, NVidia and AMD?

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    @verde i can play with HL2, Dota or l4d2 on my cape verde (hd7770) powered by galium3d
    but fact is that my old GT9600 can handle Metro LL or Metro2033 by wine and my hd7700 not (catalyst or radeonsi doens't matter) i've still hope

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    Nice trolling.

Intel drivers suffer random tearing for me, with nvidia I can play metro , serious sam bfe 3, dota 2, half life, counter strike, left 4 dead 2 etc, very smooth, and I have Windows 8.1 too for playing battlefield 4.
    You said it yourself. You have Windows 8.1 ... So i am right. Nuff said...

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    Never installed them on Windows.
    I a liar..
    I did for testing..

Leave a comment:

• FourDMusic
    replied
    Dude, what is up with the weird Xonotic benchmarks? Is there a CPU bottleneck going on?

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    This is still supporting the only company that puts almost 0 effort into any foss projects.
    Who cares? I want results! I didn't bought my hardware to support politics. I bought it to play games...

Happy Nvidia owner who have purchased Wargame European Escalation, Left 4 Dead 2 and Half Life 2 just to play them on Linux. Performance is on par with Windows and thats FANTASTIC!

Never installed them on Windows.
    Last edited by verde; 20 January 2014, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X