X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Totally agree since the APUs are AMD's most attractive products. (yes, i mean it! )
    Wait till January 14th Kaveri series APUs release date. They will replacing the Richland and Trinity series.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by pali View Post
    why is radeon hd 6450 too slow?
    It's basically a bottom of the line IGP in dedicated GPU form w/ it's own vram. Only useful for adding extra monitors to office machines where GPU performance isn't necessary.

For everything else go with at least the minimum spec GPU with 128-bit GDDR5 so you'll at least have some decent bandwidth for whatever GPU you are looking at.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
    Those fixes are being backported for the 3.4 release.
    Hehe ok, you've already answered my question then =)
    Sometimes it's good to read to the end before asking questions

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.
    Is it a huge fix? Sounds like something that should really get back-ported to 3.4.

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.
    Those fixes are being backported for the 3.4 release.

Leave a comment:

• lovenemesis
    replied
    Good to see RadeonSI is on a good pace to getting mature.

By the time of Fedora 21, I could see Metro: LL running it.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by frosth View Post
    @darkbasic
    yes it needs GL3.2 so you can set MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 and metro should work but it's ugly, really ugly! We have to wait for GS i think, but i have no hope for my verdeXT
    Yeah I think I read it in the bug report.
    I don't like those portings anyway, the OpenGL version really sucks compared to Direct3D, both in performance and visual quality.
    For my standards AAA games are just unplayable in Linux right now, we will have to wait a year or two to reach parity with Windows.

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    radeonsi

@darkbasic
    yes it needs GL3.2 so you can set MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 and metro should work but it's ugly, really ugly! We have to wait for GS i think, but i have no hope for my verdeXT

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    Kernel Panic!

Michael the kernel panic you faced at the test happened to me quite a few times here but with 3.12 Kernel!

Radeon HD 5850 here and all latest Mesa Xorg git stuff... Using DPM of course...
    It happened most of the times when the screen turned off for powersaving or even made the system look stalled! That is not the case for openSuSE's stock 3.11.6 kernel!!

Very strange...

Leave a comment:

• Kemosabe
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Michael, we need APU tests also !
    You made Intel iGPU but not AMD APU iGPU tests !

Results for a A10-5800K or a A10-6800K would be useful and interesting !
    Totally agree since the APUs are AMD's most attractive products. (yes, i mean it! )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X