• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemosabe
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Michael, we need APU tests also !
    You made Intel iGPU but not AMD APU iGPU tests !

Results for a A10-5800K or a A10-6800K would be useful and interesting !
    Totally agree since the APUs are AMD's most attractive products. (yes, i mean it! )

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    It’s good to know. Do you know if Metro: LL works on radeonsi with LLVM 3.4?
    I bought Metro LL but I still didn't try it because it's unplayable even with fglrx with a 7950. I will test it and let you know.

Edit: now I remember! it doesn't work because it requires OpenGL 3.2 while we have 3.1 in radeonsi.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.
    It?s good to know. Do you know if Metro: LL works on radeonsi with LLVM 3.4?

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    LLVM 3.4 hasn?t been released yet, so it can?t be old.
    It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    Thanks, that's very good to know since I can't stand a computer that sounds a lot. I've spent quite a lot of money on my current desktop computer to get it almost completely silent. The GPU is a huge part of that.
    Not a problem for me, as I would just remove the air cooler and put my water block on it. It's good to have a custom water cooling setup if noise and heat are an issue.

Leave a comment:

• asdfblah
    replied
    The mesa package from this ppa seems to have been compiled with LLVM-3.4 SVN: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+arch...s_filter=saucy , although I don't know the maintainer and/or why is he doing it.
    Here's the buildlog for mesa: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/15733...LOADING.txt.gz
    Buildlog for LLVM: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/15474...LOADING.txt.gz
    Oibaf should copy the recipes..
    Last edited by asdfblah; 11-28-2013, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    LLVM 3.4 is already old, there are important bug fixes in 3.5.
    LLVM 3.4 hasn?t been released yet, so it can?t be old.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    Thanks Michael for another interesting comparison. As promised last week I'm now a premium subscriber.
    Same for me, I got a years subsciption yesterday! When you fixed the improved login, just like I promised

Leave a comment:

• chithanh
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    Originally posted by pali View Post
    why is radeon hd 6450 too slow?
    It's a rebrand of an HD 5450, which is also very slow due to its hardware (low bandwidth and GPU power).
    Not quite, the 5450(Cedar) was rebranded to 6350 and marketed only to OEMs. The 6450(Caicos) was an entirely new part with 160SP vs. 80SP in the 5450.

But it is very low-end and has little memory bandwidth, so the low scores are unsurprising (the proprietary driver is somewhat faster though).

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    Now that my 6970 rocks, I could buy a newer model

Leave a comment:

Working...
X