Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepec9124
    Hooray for custom sources and manual patching
    Enjoy your broken drivers, then. The NVIDIA team has explicitly stated that the patches break more things than they fix!

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
      Looks like Catalyst and AMD hardware is massively outperforming NVIDIA drivers and hardware in every benchmark, and especially so in OpenCL.
      Well, yeah... the hardware is completely mismatched.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Enjoy your broken drivers, then. The NVIDIA team has explicitly stated that the patches break more things than they fix!
        It's working fine in Kubuntu 13.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          It's working fine in Kubuntu 13.10.
          No it's not.

Comment

Why there's no information what graphic settings were used for benchmarks? I want check how my graphic card performs in Unigine Heaven, but how should I know what setting were used?
            its all set in the test profile. Run PTS.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm not sure about official one, but I just ran Unigine Valley. I'm using nvidia 331.13 beta driver from ppa.
              Last edited by Guest; 24 October 2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                its all set in the test profile. Run PTS.
                Yes, this is what I've done few minutes ago. It seems my GTX 660TI was nearly as fast as yours GTX 680: 51 vs 58fps in Unigine Valley.

Comment

I'm not sure about official one, but I just ran Unigine Valley. I'm using nvidia 331.13 beta driver from ppa.
                  The patch doesn't break all applications. It's likely that Unigine Valley isn't affected (or you just didn't notice the ways in which it was affected).

Comment

The patch doesn't break all applications. It's likely that Unigine Valley isn't affected (or you just didn't notice the ways in which it was affected).
                    I don't know if it's common situation, but my GPU temperature raised to 80 degrees Celsius.

Comment

Yeap. I have that, and it's been the price/performance sweet spot for quite a while.

That said, even though I have that, I'm using Intel drivers at the moment. Hooray for NVIDIA not supporting kernel 3.11...
                      My linux desktop (running a Mex 12.10 distro) died like 4 months ago. For some reason I kept trying other things instead of just replacing the graphics card.
                      I guess the long work hours were just burning me out lowering my IQ or something. Well anyways a few days ago after seeing phoronix's tests with the GTX 650 I checked the prices online and thought. "hmmm, maybe I'll just replace the graphics card and see if it fixes my desktop."

So I bought an open box free shipping gtx 650 for $101. It just arrived a few hours ago.

I installed it and everything works now. I have my linux desktop back!!
                      Checked Nvidia Xserver settings and it says it's a GTX 660 and it has 2048 ram. I'm going huh?? So I checked the paperwork that came with it (it says gtx 660) and the picture on it of the connections matches the connections on the one I just installed.

Shhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                      X