AMD Gallium3D & Catalyst Drivers Compete Against Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    Only have an open source driver on Linux, and proprietary on Windows.
    I'm betting on Ubuntu 14.04 being the last release that supports them* with the Catalyst (non-legacy) driver...

*HD 5000-6000 series

Comment

It would be nice to see OpenCL compared as well...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Yes I noticed that as well. I'm VERY impressed with the FOSS drivers, it won't be long at all until they're at peak performance while being a fraction of the size of catalyst.
        This test didn't even enable the shader optimizations (r600sb), which i think can make a big difference in some of the more complex tests where it fell behind.

Comment

Ok so good, but on linux, catalyst suck on 2d support, kwin bad , compiz bad..., flash bad...., opengl mplayer output bad...AMD YOU SUCK, come on! solve this issues!

Comment

It's quite impressive what Gallium3D drivers are capable of. ATI is probably mantaining the Catalyst drivers just because of the slow (but spectacular) development of Gallium3D. I wish nvidia think the same way as ATI .
            P.S: Sorry if it has some mistakes. I'm not english.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
              Ok so good, but on linux, catalyst suck on 2d support, kwin bad , compiz bad..., flash bad...., opengl mplayer output bad...AMD YOU SUCK, come on! solve this issues!
              they are fixing it, is called r600g/RadeonSI

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                they are fixing it, is called r600g/RadeonSI

On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.

Comment

[QUOTE=pandev92;348195]On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.[/QUOT

wait for kernel-3.11-rc4 and get mesa stack from git, even my 4350 passive is handling 1920x1080 + 1366x768 dual screen setup with kwin full whistles[raster+gl3.1+advanced vsync] like a freaking boss this days.

btw UVD works very well too even on radeonSI, just get mplayer2+SMplayer2 sit and enjoy awesome

Comment

On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.
                    for flash:
                    "This should be about it... but it actually still didn't work for me. But I found the following fix that miraculously solved it for me: create the file /etc/adobe/mms.cfg, and write in it:
                    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1"

it do the magic in with r600g/radeonsi with UVD

another solution is use google-chrome with pepper flash, is bastardically faster compared to regular flash

Comment

[QUOTE=jrch2k8;348197]
                      On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.[/QUOT

wait for kernel-3.11-rc4 and get mesa stack from git, even my 4350 passive is handling 1920x1080 + 1366x768 dual screen setup with kwin full whistles[raster+gl3.1+advanced vsync] like a freaking boss this days.

btw UVD works very well too even on radeonSI, just get mplayer2+SMplayer2 sit and enjoy awesome

Mhh and for uvd what I need to do ?
                      It will run OOB or I need to install a patched mesa, ati etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X