Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you really don't "get it".

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    That's the ideological approach to the problem, not the one which would give you a working result in short time. Really funny those ppl who restrict himself to get into GPL heaven
    On the contrary, I have a working result, and am simply trying to make it work better.

Really funny those ppl who restrict himself to get into GPL heaven
    No, actually it's "Thank you, to those who choose to work to advance the state of Free drivers rather than sit back and expect others to do it for them.". There's nothing remotely funny about that, and neither is there any such place as "GPL Heaven" .

Comment

Not everybody has 5 year old hardware and wants to keep it.

Comment

Multipointer X

Is my understanding of multipointer support rational. I believe it is support for simultaneous users with keyboards and mice in one X environment. If so this really really cool. This would mean I could log into another person's computer and work with them. Or even better imagine having a big big screen with about 20 people working on different portions of it. That would be so amazingly cool.

Comment

As an added benefit...

Originally posted by Spenser309 View Post
          Is my understanding of multipointer support rational. I believe it is support for simultaneous users with keyboards and mice in one X environment. If so this really really cool.
          It also means that I will be able to carry on working when my small nephew suddenly plugs a USB mouse into the PC. (Although I doubt he'll find it as funny... )

Comment

Not everyone has money to waste either.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Throwing away perfectly good hardware simply because something else has appeared on the market is a waste, particularly if the old hardware still does the original job just fine.

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument here. I usually don't care for old hardware, but hey, if it works fine for you, great. There shouldn't be any reason for you to be forced to upgrade if something's working 100%.

At the same I recognize that technology keeps progressing, it keeps moving forward and sometimes people need to finally upgrade their hardware to be able to use new software, gain more performance, get additional/new features etc.

It's a tough call, but there's a reason why there are distro's out there specifically geared towards supporting older hardware.

Comment

i wouldn't mind being given some 5 year old hardware :] got spares? ;-)

personally i can't believe i will need a faster and better pc anytime soon (i run gentoo and it needs a lot of cpu power at times, btw).

i'm perfectly fine with what i have right now. remember the way it was when people were happy with their 800mhz p3's and didn't feel the urge to upgrade? i get that weird feeling that this time might come back soon.

Comment

That sounds really interesting...

Comment

Working...
                  X