• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic ASUS Radeon HD 7850 DirectCU

ASUS Radeon HD 7850 DirectCU

Phoronix: ASUS Radeon HD 7850 DirectCU

Up for review today is the ASUS Radeon HD 7850 1GB DirectCU graphics card. This "Windows 8 Ready" AMD Radeon graphics card is being benchmarked under Ubuntu Linux and compared to an assortment of AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18554

• Shruikan
    replied
    HOW?!

How are you able to get these results??
    I've been furious the last week of not being able to play with my XFX Radeon HD 7850
    Getting 5 fps in every game, benchmarked with unigine valley with 1 fps on low settings and AA disabled.

I've tried installing proprietary drivers with fglrx + updates, directly from AMD website and beta updates aswell..
    HOW do you install your drivers??

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    About a month old: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._preview&num=1

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    @gilboa

Same Heaven version? You see the recent update to it slowed it down a lot with more eye candy.
    Not sure.
    How recent?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    @gilboa

Same Heaven version? You see the recent update to it slowed it down a lot with more eye candy.

Leave a comment:

• Asariati
    replied
    Don't worry, there are some bogus results (see my post above) and Michael does not seem to care or comment....

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Something is seriously wrong the nVidia 460 / 550Ti results.
    Last time I checked, my aging 470GTX ran the Heaven benchmark (w/o PTS) at ~30fps at 2560x1440... far, far from 4fps under 1280x1024.
    Granted, my Xeon workstation has more CPU power than the test-bed machine, but 4FPS!??!?!

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I did some initial tests with TF2 but without PTS. The problem i see is that you need overrides for all quality settings otherwise it is not compareable across other systems. As you can parse a log file it should be possible to integrate TF2 into pts. It is just not that much fun as the load times are really long.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Minor complaint, but can't their be benchmarks done with games from Steam? Prey? Quake 3? Think we need some games that throw a little more stress out there.
    I used to complain about this, but i came to a realization.

Phoronix is not a site about benchmarking linux or graphics.

It's a site about showing off PTS.

Which means, if PTS can't do it, it's not getting on Phoronix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X