X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    LinuxID10T

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    @michael This is the post we have all been waiting for. Interesting results and decent commentary

Leave a comment:

• ninez

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    I wondering, did you notice he compare nVidia driver running on $470 GPU with Catalyst driver running on $180 GPU?
    lol.

_me_not_playing_close_enough_attention_

still though, i would buy an nvidia card over AMD every single time (of similar costing cards). ~ no having to screw around with AMD's crappy blob or their somewhat poor support compared to nvidia's blob.

cheerz

Leave a comment:

• padrikas

• padrikas
    replied
    Originally posted by ninez View Post
    Wow (not that this is all that surprising!) but Nvidia (blob) certainly does wipe the floor with every other driver.
    yeah.. really.. especially considering AMD card costs ~160$, Intel graphics are integrated in CPU, and GTX is just a high-end card for ~500$

EDIT:
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    I wondering, did you notice he compare nVidia driver running on $470 GPU with Catalyst driver running on $180 GPU?
    ha ha, you were few minutes faster on posting exactly same thing I was thinking
    padrikas
    Last edited by padrikas; 13 December 2012, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sanmiguel9

• sanmiguel9
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Xfce and Unity have the same color, same true about the other 2 red items.
    @Michael
    What's wrong with a nice rainbow-colored chart? Or at least *easy* to distinguish colors? These charts are very difficult to read, they only say "have a closer look at kwin".

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by ninez View Post
    Wow (not that this is all that surprising!) but Nvidia (blob) certainly does wipe the floor with every other driver.

Leave a comment:

• Cyborg16

• Cyborg16
    replied
    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    It is, but you have to use suspend fullscreen compositions option. I also tried this in Ubuntu and I had equal FPS in both environments using nVIDIA binary blob.
    I can second that. I thought KDE was meant to automatically suspend compositing, but I've found several times it was necessary to do so manually (Alt+Shift+F12).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
    These results indicate clearly the opposite of what KWin developers recently told the public: KWin simply isn't great for gaming.
    It is, but you have to use suspend fullscreen compositions option. I also tried this in Ubuntu and I had equal FPS in both environments using nVIDIA binary blob.

Leave a comment:

• mark45

• mark45
    replied
    Xfce and Unity have the same color, same true about the other 2 red items.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yea, seems like there is some bug in KWin and radeon drivers... I also don't seem to be hitting it myself, but then I'm not on the latest Ubuntu to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• ua=42

• ua=42
    replied
    Yeah. The only time you really noticed a difference was on the open source radeon and the open source nvidia. (which had kde significantly less).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X