Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haters

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    If you read phoronix long enough you know that sometimes there are articles that compare the current fglrx vs older ones. And it is happening. fglrx has improved very much in contrast to one or even two years ago. You don't see it much because the change is gradual and I think we humans very readily accept the status quo to be the reference point...

Sure, they still have to improve quite a bit, but your implication that it never gets better is not what we see. You can complain that the improvements are not coming along fast enough.
    Will hate.

Some people can't be satisfied.

Comment

It works great on my K75DE -stop wineing.

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      If you read phoronix long enough you know that sometimes there are articles that compare the current fglrx vs older ones. And it is happening. fglrx has improved very much in contrast to one or even two years ago. You don't see it much because the change is gradual and I think we humans very readily accept the status quo to be the reference point...

Sure, they still have to improve quite a bit, but your implication that it never gets better is not what we see. You can complain that the improvements are not coming along fast enough.
      Thankyou, I agree with ChrisXY:

...and Yes, amd/ati used to suck, I know cause the last time I tried them a year ago, they were crap.
      This time, I decided to give it another try, like I had a choice?, on my spanking new Asus K75DE Notebook (AMD Fusion A10-4600M / AMD Radeon HD 7670M)
      OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

why ?
      -simply because for even any semi-serious 3D/Gaming "Nvidia Optimus / IntelHD" is just plain caca on any notebook for LINUX these days !

Seriously, my good old Dell M90 Laptop finally bit the dust, and since I did NOT want to jump into the "Nvidia Optimess Hamster Wheel", (or playing around with stUMBLEBEE), I smartly decided to swing over to a new (and surprisingly cheap), AMD Fusion notebook. I admit though, that since I mostly use Linux, I was a little leary that I might end up with a $700 (cdn) book-end.

So, that said, I'm very happy with amd's latest Catalyst, running UbuntuStudio 12.10-amd64, and (latest)Arch-x86_64 with latest catalyst drivers.
      I initially thought I would be stuck with Windows 8 (YUK!), and a "VESA" Linux only, on this new puppy.
      But nope, was I ever wrong, everything, and I do mean "everything" works great, OOB, for me.
      Finally, the (latest) Catalyst is a welcome upgrade/update to the "xf86-video-ati".
      Maybe it's because I haven't touched an amd/ati product in over a year, but now, I see a GRAND improvement.

I just hope and pray that AMD keeps it up, and better, ..., for Linux.

... Nvidia xxxm what ?, Optimess who?, in Linux ???!!! -wtf is that in a notebook these days. ? -Lol.

Now, I'm off to experiment with some other Linux Distro's, on this "AMD Fusion" notebook.

Cheers.
      Last edited by scjet; 03 December 2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X