Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time To Test The Radeon/Intel/Nouveau Drivers

Phoronix: It's Time To Test The Radeon/Intel/Nouveau Drivers

The Fedora Project is once again organizing test days to happen for the Nouveau, Radeon, and Intel open-source Linux graphics drivers to just not improve the driver support for Fedora Linux but to benefit upstream as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We need to mass-"spam" this! Thanks, Michael!

Comment

Weston

Nouveau on Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal (beta) crashes when attempting to run Weston 0.95 (weston-launcher).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Nouveau on Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal (beta) crashes when attempting to run Weston 0.95 (weston-launcher).
        Oh noes!!1

Comment

Thanks for the announce, Michael!

On the wayland topic - I think someone mentioned yesterday that wayland/weston in Fedora have reached the point where they can render a terminal. which is cool, but still probably a bit early to incorporate into the Test Week I'll check the status again for future test weeks and add wayland testing once it seems like it'd be useful.

Comment

Is radeon actually ready for GCN by now?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
              Thanks for the announce, Michael!

On the wayland topic - I think someone mentioned yesterday that wayland/weston in Fedora have reached the point where they can render a terminal. which is cool, but still probably a bit early to incorporate into the Test Week I'll check the status again for future test weeks and add wayland testing once it seems like it'd be useful.
              Hey Adam,

Considering the next Xorg release is attempting to incorporate XWayland (tentative schedule of early March), F19 looks to be a good candidate for early testing of Wayland.

Best/Liam

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                Hey Adam,

Considering the next Xorg release is attempting to incorporate XWayland (tentative schedule of early March), F19 looks to be a good candidate for early testing of Wayland.

Best/Liam
                IMO, they should wait for the official 1.0 release of Wayland. That way all the known issues with Wayland will be worked out as best they can and *THEN* begin the testing. Otherwise, it's a waste of people's time to be testing something with some known problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
                  IMO, they should wait for the official 1.0 release of Wayland. That way all the known issues with Wayland will be worked out as best they can and *THEN* begin the testing. Otherwise, it's a waste of people's time to be testing something with some known problems.

The 1.0 release of the wayland protocol is supposed to be imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    We need to mass-"spam" this! Thanks, Michael!
                    The first time I heard of it
                    I am downloading the TestDays Live image right now to test radeon later...

//edit: aargh 797MB?!? Doesn't fit on 80min 700MB CD-R and on a DVD-R the space is wasted...
                    Last edited by disi; 26 September 2012, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X