No announcement yet.

Five Years With The Modern AMD Catalyst Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems I been rather lucky with Catalyst Drivers, because my last 2 purchases of graphics cards (HD 3850 and hd 7850) has worked fine for me with Catalyst, i do not know if it is a big difference between brands because both card was from Sapphire, and my next card will probably also be from Sapphire because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      @e8hffff

What nvidia driver do you use? xrandr changed with 300 series.
      Latest, 304.43

The video orientation is correct once the desktop is logged into, but not before. Example the login screen puts the secondary monitor on the right, when I have it set as above. Since I use LightDM I may have to set the monitor also up in Gnome?

Comment

Everytime I've attempted to use this crap, I've gotten random hard locks, and it never resumes from sleep, OSS Radeon stack never locks for me, and always resumes.

Comment

@e8hffff

Because what you changed is a user setting. If you use kdm you could place xrandr commands in

/etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup

Look for something similar for lightdm. I doubt that there exists a config tool to do so, that has absolutely nothing to do with nvidia - would be with oss drivers the same.

Comment

Working...
          X