X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    An oss driver comparision would be also cool. I found out that one xorg.conf
    So much for the "you don't need a xorg.conf anymore" that gets tossed around in the ml/forums that some X / kernel devs like to throw around.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    An oss driver comparision would be also cool. I found out that one xorg.conf option extremely improves ati oss driver performance for games: SwapbuffersWait - set it to false and you will see what i mean. For nouveau another tuning is required as it defaults to run the cards at boot clocks. Best ask the devs how to switch it, it is a tiny bit complicated but the result is worth the effort.
    have fun with your extra fps

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    An oss driver comparision would be also cool. I found out that one xorg.conf option extremely improves ati oss driver performance for games: SwapbuffersWait - set it to false and you will see what i mean. For nouveau another tuning is required as it defaults to run the cards at boot clocks. Best ask the devs how to switch it, it is a tiny bit complicated but the result is worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• Tgui
    replied
    I can't believe the power requirements of todays video cards, its insane!

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Hmm, GTX 559?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Extreme

Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Extreme

Phoronix: Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Extreme

This morning Sapphire Technology is announcing a new Radeon graphics card. It's not though part of the Radeon HD 6000 series that has recently seen the launch of the Radeon HD 6790 or even the Radeon HD 6450, but rather it's a Cypress-based part. Yes, as in the Radeon HD 5800 series. This new graphics card is the Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Extreme and it has designed to deliver the best performance for the ~$120 USD price point. Here is our look at this new graphics card with accompanying Linux benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X