Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Intel is the solution at this time?

Comment

I think Intel could be a solution for user that use only integrated motharboard even if system intel cost more respect amd system.
      While Ati, in future, could be a better solution when some project, as for example, gallium3d, became supported.

Note:
      I speak only about open solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by alelinuxbsd View Post
        Thanks for the link.
        Best Integrated GPU for Linux
        Now the DRI2 is supported.
        Intel chipset could be considered the best solutions for the driver open source present on linux?
        Yes, Intel is the best solution Open Source wise, IMHO. BTW, I have uploaded some patches for Ubuntu/lucid to support the necessary kernel/libdrm changes for H.264 decoding:
        splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I will update plain libva to 0.31.0-sds13 next.

I am very impressed by the work done by Intel in 6 months vs. what other people tried for 3 years... I sill haven't seen a failing clip. There is one bug though: if compiz is running, decoding performance is degraded. Intel is investigating this problem.

Comment

I hope you update libva soon. A prepatched kernel + libdrm would be also nice, maybe for a ppa. It's no huge problem for me to patch a kernel or libdrm, just that only others could test it more easyly. It's really sad when you don't have the hardware to try, i am pretty sure i find bugs as i usally always do Also i want of course VC1 support too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            I hope you update libva soon.
            Done.

A prepatched kernel + libdrm would be also nice, maybe for a ppa. It's no huge problem for me to patch a kernel or libdrm, just that only others could test it more easyly.
            I don't want to track Ubuntu/lucid kernel+libdrm+linux-libc-dev updates. Rather, it's simpler if those distributors integrate the patches. So, no debs from me.

Comment

Thanks, patching a kernel is no problem, that's what i do all the time. It's nice that after the kernel+libdrm patch i only need to execute my script for testing, should be possible to test remotely then.

Comment

Hello again
                I am upgrading my desktop PC. Videocard needs to be integrated.
                What platform to choose AMD/ATI or Intel/Intel?

ps I use Open Source drivers on video.

Comment

Originally posted by sspphheerraa View Post
                  Hello again
                  I am upgrading my desktop PC. Videocard needs to be integrated.
                  What platform to choose AMD/ATI or Intel/Intel?

ps I use Open Source drivers on video.
                  AMD if you need 3d.
                  Intel if you need hardware video decoding.

Comment

AMD if you need 3d, play games or dual-boot windows. Intel otherwise.

Video acceleration is a crapfest on both.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                      AMD if you need 3d, play games or dual-boot windows. Intel otherwise.

Video acceleration is a crapfest on both.
                      XBMC works like a charm on ATI open drivers though

Comment

Working...
                      X