Unsupported Hardware Watermark Ubuntu 9.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported Hardware Watermark Ubuntu 9.10

Hey, this is my first post. I just got a 5870. Nothing worked with the basic drivers (just a low res desktop environment) when I checked the hardware drivers (system -> administration-> hardware drives, there was an available ATi driver) i installed the fglrx driver. Now i have full hardware acceleration, but i also got this ugly Unsupported Hardware watermark in the bottom right of my screen. can someone help me out here? A semi-detailed walkthough would be nice, I've only been using Linux for a couple of weeks and am still learining.

What version of the fglrx driver did it install?

I don't own an ati card, but from what forum posters say it sounds like fglrx does that when it's support for a certain model of card is untested.

Probably the best you can do is try to upgrade to a newer version of the driver or ask if there is some way to turn off the watermark.

I just googled and found this:
    I just setup my new computer that has onboard video and Installed Linux Mint. I installed the "ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver" from Hardware Drivers and now I have a watermark on the bot...

So it looks like sometimes even downgrading the driver can help.

Comment

No you need a newer driver (or at least the /etc/ati/control file from it).

Comment

Working...
      X