AMD Radeon HD 5750/5770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Yall & Evan,

dang! The trick worked fine, for my 5850, with the Cat 9.9 & with the slightly newer driver, in the ATI-Stream sdk driver.

Hmmm. Do you get any error messages?

Which distro of Tux do you have?

Have you got a modifed kernel?

Have you checked the drivers that came with your card-a Linux driver may have been included?

My Sapphire card did not.

Well, at least you will not have to wait long, until 9.10 is out.

*BFN*

GreekGeek

Comment

I didn't even think to check the CD for linux drivers. I didn't think there would be any.

There were no errors, the echo command worked fine. I'm using ubuntu 9.10 with the standard kernel.

Thanks again,

Evan.

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
      Hi Yall & Evan,

dang! The trick worked fine, for my 5850, with the Cat 9.9 & with the slightly newer driver, in the ATI-Stream sdk driver.

Hmmm. Do you get any error messages?

Which distro of Tux do you have?

Have you got a modifed kernel?

Have you checked the drivers that came with your card-a Linux driver may have been included?

My Sapphire card did not.

Well, at least you will not have to wait long, until 9.10 is out.

*BFN*

GreekGeek

Comment

Newp, xp and vista drivers only

Originally posted by evanjfraser View Post
        I didn't even think to check the CD for linux drivers. I didn't think there would be any.

There were no errors, the echo command worked fine. I'm using ubuntu 9.10 with the standard kernel.

Thanks again,

Evan.

Comment

The 9.10 drivers will probably be out Thursday, which should fix it.

Comment

Three monitor support

I read through the release notes for the 9.10 Catalyst drivers
            it looks like there isn't any support for this card

Can anyone confirm whether or not the new drivers work with this card, Specifically Triple monitor support? Oh how I am waiting patiently for ATI, to make this happen for me.

Thanks

-Luther138

(Unless someone has a suggestion for a different single card that could do 3 monitor support in Linux)

Comment

My current understanding is that the code for HD57xx support was in the 9.10 posting but HD57xx was not QA tested in that release so it's treated as "unsupported hardware".

I'm trying to track down the launch driver we provided to our board partners and see if we can get that posted.
              Last edited by bridgman; 28 October 2009, 03:27 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

You could disable that /etc/ati/{control,signature} crap too or at least put updated updated control files to download. If you like to mark beta versions then look at nvidia, the splash shows it. A permanent watermark is stupid ^ 10.

Comment

Do amd actually release beta drivers, or are they more leaked accidentally?

Comment

We release beta drivers to a beta test group. Occasionally beta drivers get leaked to the public. .

I seem to remember beta drivers having the watermark permanently enabled on all GPUs but I haven't looked at them for a while.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      You could disable that /etc/ati/{control,signature} crap too or at least put updated updated control files to download. If you like to mark beta versions then look at nvidia, the splash shows it. A permanent watermark is stupid ^ 10.
                      That was basically what happened at Chernobyl, wasn't it ? The alarm was annoying so they turned it off ?

The purpose of the watermark is to indicate that the drivers have *not* gone through QA on that particular GPU. Rather than updating the control files to disable the warning I would rather try to post a build which *has* gone through QA on HD57xx.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X