Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Aiming For Snapdragon X Elite GPU Support In Linux 6.11

Phoronix: Qualcomm Aiming For Snapdragon X Elite GPU Support In Linux 6.11

Qualcomm engineers on Sunday posted patches for enabling the Adreno X1-85 GPU within the MSM DRM driver. The Adreno X1-85 GPU is what's found within the Snapdragon X Elite SoC powering various new Windows ARM laptops although the Linux support continues maturing too for these platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This garbage still won't boot Linux with ACPI, it's all over.

Comment

Exciting news! I'm eager to see what comes from Tuxedo

Comment

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
        Good. I'd love to see that piece of crap standard jettisoned for good. It's been nothing but a headache since it was first promulgated. The industry needs a tighter, simpler standard for power management with strict enforcement of standards compliance, because nearly all OEMs eff it up. Not saying DeviceTree is that standard, just saying ACPI definitely is NOT.

Comment

What did you expect, it is Microsoft's wannabe M3, all the money & steam went into making it run Windows x86 programs, so they delivered on-par performance and glued-in a NPU to market is as artificially intelligent. But X2 or X3 could be pretty exciting, maybe Samsung will release something on their own or with Google...

Comment

You do realize that having a competitive market with a 3rd company vying for our money against Intel and AMD would be good for consumers right?

Comment

As an Openwrt user I already was able to get a taste what Qualcomm thinks about supporting Linux. I will stay away from Qualcomm SoCs on laptops for the time being.

Comment

Lets hope they'll do a bit more than just adding the chip id to mesa.
                Putting one or two extra fulltime devs on freedreno/turnip would be nice as well

Comment

Originally posted by Shagga, Son of Dolf View Post
                  As an Openwrt user I already was able to get a taste what Qualcomm thinks about supporting Linux. I will stay away from Qualcomm SoCs on laptops for the time being.
                  I thought back in the day Atheros was pretty well supported on Linux. Am I misremembering, or did QCOMM screw them up after acquisition.
                  I agree though, Intel wifi is still the way to go.

Comment

Does anyone know how this dtb/device tree works? Is it only the OEM, that can provide this file/files, or can one extract it from Windows somehow?

I was just thinking, could this prevent installation of Linux completely, if you were to buy the wrong laptop?

Comment

Working...
                    X