Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test

Originally posted by bridgman
    Which driver version are you using ? Can you pastebin an xorg log ?
    I'm using 8.593 version.
    Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/m1903dae

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Huh ? Are you missing an important word here ?
    I mean that it does not matter if VideoOverlay is off or on if TexturedVideo is enabled.

With Cat 9.3 and later the GL output is composited and should be flicker-free.
    I've got 9.3 and as I told gl2 flickers and stays in the center even if I'm rotating with the desktop cube.

Comment

I'm not sure which option wins if you have both TexturedVideo and VideoOverlay turned on (since they are mutually exclusive); I think you're saying TexturedVideo wins ?

I'm not sure why your GL output isn't being composited; the driver does support it and I have seen it work on a number of different systems. There is an error message at the end of the xorg log indicating the server crashed; is that what you saw ?
      Test signature

Comment

I'm not sure which option wins if you have both TexturedVideo and VideoOverlay turned on (since they are mutually exclusive); I think you're saying TexturedVideo wins ?
        exactly

I'm not sure why your GL output isn't being composited; the driver does support it and I have seen it work on a number of different systems. There is an error message at the end of the xorg log indicating the server crashed; is that what you saw ?
        You mean "Failed to allocate dynamic shared buffer!" ?
        Yes, I found some posts also here on phoronix forum from users complaining about this latest driver supporting R3xx chipsets. I know that XV and glxgears should be composited as shown on the video regarding 9.3 version, but it's the same as with 9.2 (flicker):
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Probably I'm one of the unlucky guyz. Maybe I could dig deeply with the opensource driver but I think it won't help either (as I've already spent lot of time with troubleshooting it).
        Bad luck

Comment

Working...
        X