NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 4060 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avis View Post

I need to start collecting ad hominems, insults and name calling on these forums just so that people perfectly realized who Linux fans are.

There's no other forum, social network or place on WWW where I've seen and received so much naked hostility and aggression. 4chan is simply a warm calm welcoming place after Phoronix forums. I'm sad the ignore list doesn't work here but Michael seems not care. But he sure damn cares when someone speaks the truth and he's so eager and ready to ban people for that.
    And despite all this you keep coming back to this horrible forum where everyone except the honorable birdie is always wrong and just an angry, unreasonable linux fan just to defend your beloved green company and inform people about how Linux sucks. I guess you just like being called out or insulted but who am I to judge? on 4chan you'd probably just get called a shill or a certain word starting with the letter r and not get all the delicious attention like on here so you are stuck with us angry linux fans I'm afraid, my entertaining fellow.

Comment

NVIDIA today announced the GeForce RTX 4060 series consisting of the $399 RTX 4060 Ti 8GB while in July an RTX 4060 Ti 16GB version will come along with a $299 RTX 4060.
      I'm reminded of Rick and Morty where Rick goes to the Citadel of Ricks and there's 2 Morty's working as prostitutes and one of them says "One Morty for $10, two for $25" and Rick responds with "Eww, and bad math".

Seriously, this article needs fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by PAUL007 View Post
        for linux gaming more vram is must.
        For most new gaming, more vram is a must.

Just look at RE4 Remake which eats ram for lunch, a slower card with more ram will perform better than a card with better specs but less ram. In fact, in some cases the game won't even run on the faster card unless you turn down the settings.

In fact. i would argue that the best card for gaming, and video editing, at the moment is the cheapest Intel Arc, the 380 with the 6gb ram. for just $140.

Comment

hardware and price offered are......................................

However at least this card inspire me trust only see it (thanks colorfull for your rtx 4060 design)

because in your logo she said to you GAME OVER nothing more real for rtx 4060​

Last edited by pinguinpc; 18 May 2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I won't buy it, I'm waiting for something decent from AMD this time around but I'm not sure they are even interested in competing any longer considering the two flops called 7900 XT and XTX that are barely better in terms of performance per buck than the previous gen.

Consumer graphics for both companies has become an after thought and Intel is not yet there.
            How are they flops at least here the 7900 XT is cheaper than the 4070ti, of course it's faster even in RT performance has enough Vram and the only thing is that here in germany where we have to pay money for power consumption not like basically free like in the US you have to limit the desktop to 60hz otherwise it draws to much power, otherwise it's just the better card in every single way than the 4070ti and cheaper.

Comment

Yeah even if we ignore Linux that card(s) are total trash (price value), and then you add the bad linux driver sitution on top of it... and it's a no brainer... I rather buy the 16gb Intel even their linux driver are worse than the already bad windows drivers

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

How are they flops at least here the 7900 XT is cheaper than the 4070ti, of course it's faster even in RT performance has enough Vram and the only thing is that here in germany where we have to pay money for power consumption not like basically free like in the US you have to limit the desktop to 60hz otherwise it draws to much power, otherwise it's just the better card in every single way than the 4070ti and cheaper.
                Better in raster, price and having open source drivers however worse in:
                • Worse power efficiency (isn't that important in Germany?)
                • Insanely high idle power consumption for certain monitor configurations (likewise)
                • Worse RTRT performance (likewise)
                • No DLSS (likewise)
                • No CUDA
                • No AI [features]
                Did you know that enabling DLSS and forcing VSync/certain maximum refresh rate makes NVIDIA cards even more power efficient? I bet you didn't.

It makes sense to sometimes think outside of the Open Source cozy bubble/AMD fanboyism and admit that other companies can create better though more expensive products.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                  Yeah even if we ignore Linux that card(s) are total trash (price value), and then you add the bad linux driver sitution on top of it... and it's a no brainer... I rather buy the 16gb Intel even their linux driver are worse than the already bad windows drivers
                  From what I've heard Intel Linux GPU drivers are actually decent though there's no Control Panel which is available in Windows but that's applicable to AMD and a lesser extent NVIDIA (the Linux control panel is nowhere near close to what their Windows drivers offer).

Comment

I need to start collecting ad hominems, insults and name calling on these forums just so that people perfectly realized who Linux fans are.

There's no other forum, social network or place on WWW where I've seen and received so much naked hostility and aggression. 4chan is simply a warm calm welcoming place after Phoronix forums. I'm sad the ignore list doesn't work here but Michael doesn't seem to care. But he sure damn cares when someone speaks the truth and he's so eager and ready to ban people for that.

I won't buy it, I'm waiting for something decent from AMD this time around but I'm not sure they are even interested in competing any longer considering the two flops called 7900 XT and XTX that are barely better in terms of performance per buck than the previous gen.

Consumer graphics for both companies has become an after thought and Intel is not yet there.
                    I'm always puzzled regarding people who can't leave a place they consider toxic and feel the need to keep posting ad eternam. I left facebook a decade ago and my life has only been better since, you know. Consider just packing it, it will do everyone a big favor.

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post
                      I already have very capable CPUs in plenty capable systems, but GPU is the bottleneck for most things.
                      I'm exactly in the same boat.. I have an i7 8700k which was the fastest mainstream CPU at least for a few months since its release and it's still a beast. No way in hell I'm upgrading my CPU in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X