Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Earlier this year NVIDIA introduced the ION, which is their new system platform that pairs a GeForce 9400M GPU with an Intel Atom processor to make it an appealing platform for those desiring a netbook or nettop computer but are interested in a higher level of graphics performance than what is currently possible with Intel's integrated graphics. Products using the NVIDIA ION have been slow to emerge, but in recent weeks, we have begun seeing more devices around, including those from smaller manufacturers. One company that is now selling an ION-powered nettop is ZaReason, which is a Linux-focused hardware company. In this article we have a whole arsenal of Linux-based tests showing off the NVIDIA graphics performance with the Intel Atom processor under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how well supported are power management features are going to be for NVIDIA Ion netbooks under Linux. Things like suspend-to-ram are really interesting to have, yet nvidia binary drivers are sometimes not up to the task when it comes to suspend to ram.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Earlier this year NVIDIA introduced the ION, which is their new system platform that pairs a GeForce 9400M GPU with an Intel Atom processor to make it an appealing platform for those desiring a netbook or nettop computer but are interested in a higher level of graphics performance than what is currently possible with Intel's integrated graphics. Products using the NVIDIA ION have been slow to emerge, but in recent weeks, we have begun seeing more devices around, including those from smaller manufacturers. One company that is now selling an ION-powered nettop is ZaReason, which is a Linux-focused hardware company. In this article we have a whole arsenal of Linux-based tests showing off the NVIDIA graphics performance with the Intel Atom processor under Linux.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13941

Comment

supports 128-bit High Dynamic range precision, is dual-link DVI supported with resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, and supports NVIDIA PureVideo HD. HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and VGA connections.
      Parse error

Comment

Thanks for the review Michael. Is that netbook already up for sale? I don't see it in zareason.com

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
          Is that netbook already up for sale? I don't see it in zareason.com
          It's a nettop, but if it's not up on ZaReason.com, I guess it didn't launch quite yet. I was told it was supposed to launch last week.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah, thanks, Michael. And yes, I got confused, because I read somewhere else that they were considering an ION netbook. Thanks for clarifying that!

Comment

Awesome thing.

Comment

Please re-run using the latest official drivers.

185.18.14 is now the current official release.

Comment

not bad. It would certainly be something I would look at. Although I would need at least 12 inches of screen so netbook is out of the question...

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Please re-run using the latest official drivers.

185.18.14 is now the current official release.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606
                    With that and the latest kernel/intel combination where the worst regressions from intel are fixed, could be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X