No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics A750 + A770 Are Ready To Run On Open-Source Linux Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am quite interested in one of these once the appropriate kernel hits Deb/testing (Mesa 22.2 is already in there). It fits my own planned usage going forward better than the RDNA2 device I previously had settled on getting before years' end. And since I am upgrading from a R7 260x, I don't think any early-driver performance issues will bother me much (so long as it works in general).

Comment

For the A380 tests, Airbus has already given green light. Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
        Looks lovely! Guaranteed to work with the best opensource stack supported by Intel for all means necessary. (Suck it AMD).

Even if it is not the fastest or the "BESTEST" gpu hell yeah this is exactly what I would love to have on my linux/opensource workstation.
        Current Arc drivers suck, though. They went on to implement XeSS and such and forgot that they have to also make the plain old drivers. Big blunder by Intel IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
          Optane isn't on life support. It's dead. They're selling off remaining inventory and (I think) transferring customer support to Solidigm.

There's a slight difference, which is that Intel can't live without some form of graphics for their CPUs. As long as they have to continue developing iGPUs, the additional cost of dGPUs isn't as much as if it were a completely separate business. But it's not trivial, either.
          It's still supported for enterprise, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
            It's still supported for enterprise, that's it.
            "Supported?" Yes, you can buy the hardware, until their inventories get depleted. And yes, you can still get warranty service. However, the division was closed down and they're not making any more, for anyone. Period. It's dead.

If you have deep pockets and a use case, get yourself a P5800X while you still can. We won't see QD=1 IOPS like that for a long, long time (if ever). Sustained writes & QoS are other areas where it excels. And 100 DWPD is nuts!
            Last edited by coder; 03 October 2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              "Supported?" Yes, you can buy the hardware, until their inventories get depleted. And yes, you can still get warranty service. However, the division was closed down and they're not making any more, for anyone. Period. It's dead.

If you have deep pockets and a use case, get yourself a P5800X while you still can. We won't see QD=1 IOPS like that for a long, long time (if ever). Sustained writes & QoS are other areas where it excels. And 100 DWPD is nuts!
              Depends on what your definition of dead is. I never thought Optane sounded very appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
                Depends on what your definition of dead is. I never thought Optane sounded very appealing.
                Dead = ceased production of existing products; development of new products ended.

The only thing more "dead" than that would be going out of business.

Comment

Hot news: https://www.servethehome.com/intel-a...novation-2022/

In the comments, at the bottom of the article, the author states:

Patrick Kennedy October 4, 2022 At 4:38 am
                  They said at the event that there would be a difference in SR-IOV between data center and consumer cards but did not get into specifics.

Comment

coder super dooper!

Comment

Working...
                    X