Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA - Long-Time NVIDIA Partner - Ending Graphics Card Production

Phoronix: EVGA - Long-Time NVIDIA Partner - Ending Graphics Card Production

Well known NVIDIA AIB partner EVGA made a rather surprising and unfortunate announcement this Friday afternoon,..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've got a dead evga 9800gt somewhere in storage. was a pretty nice card. shame to see evga leave the gpu market

Comment

Supposedly they didn't like the partnership and Nvidia were treating them badly. I hope it's not some new bad trend going on for AMD too and it won't start snowballing.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox
        Blimey! That's a shocker! Must be something serious going on behind the scenes for this to happen. There kingpin cards are very highly regarded.
        Yep. Called "videocard prices". They were super expensive and nobody was buying cards that are even more expensive. More shock would be to see such announcement from Palit for example.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Supposedly they didn't like the partnership and Nvidia were treating them badly. I hope it's not some new bad trend going on for AMD too and it won't start snowballing.
          nvidia has a long history of screwing over it's partners, I have yet to hear such complaints about AMD, but that could just be because few people in comparison cared.

Comment

The company name is gonna be an anachronism soon I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
              The company name is gonna be an anachronism soon I guess.
              They should rename it to E.

Comment

more f you for nvidia, excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                  nvidia has a long history of screwing over it's partners, I have yet to hear such complaints about AMD, but that could just be because few people in comparison cared.
                  just listen to yourself man... in your world amd would be bankrupted instantly and nvidia would be the only gpu manufacturer around.

only because you can't stand the stop of active development of x480/580/590 cards in the ROCm/HIP driver.

on the topic EVGA it could mean RDNA3 is so good that Nvidia loses its pole position and EVGA is now making RDNA3 GPUs...

because unlike nvidia amd is able to ship an effective chiplet design with stagged 3D cache beating the GDDR6x patent monopole.

looks like radeon 7900XT with GDDR6 Vram with 256mb infinity cache and 756mb stagged 3D cache will beat the shit out of nvidia.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Already heard GPU makers leaving partners to bear the post-mining situation, and after upping prices on them to get more of the mining money too. That over-investment tho... NVIDIA also already known for treating people like 5#!7, so altogether not surprising news.

Still..

'F' .w.
                    Last edited by doomie; 16 September 2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X