Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic card purchase recomendation

Hello Phoronix community,

I have just saw an offer on a shop to buy an amd 6700 10 gb gddr6 (non xt) for 399 €. I have and old pc that I want to mantain a little longer (ryzen 7 1800x + 32 gb ram + radeon 290) but I was thinking to upgrade with this card. Do you think it's a good card for (1440 gaming)? Maybe between an 3060 - 3070 from nvidia? (I don't want a nvidia, it's only for comparison).
    Last edited by Khudsa; 02 September 2022, 12:38 PM.

From what I have seen, the plain 6700 is like a faster 6600XT but not really in the same tier as the 6700XT. I would buy a 6700 over a 6600XT personally. Depends on how you like to run your games (and what kind of games), but at 1080p high setting that card should be fine. 1440p I would consider medium to high settings. Forget about high fps gaming tho.

Personally I would wait a few months for the next gen to be released and prices to adjust. Unless that old PC needs a new GPU badly.

Comment

Ok, it's a good advise. I don't need a new GPU that badly, right now I can play what I play without any problem. I can wait a few months until the new radeon series comes out and see if the prices of the old ones adjusts a little more. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X