Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by castlefox View Post

What do you mean by RTRT performance?
    Real time raytracing hardware acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Real time raytracing hardware acceleration.
      Oh. Yeah I am expecting much better RTRT from the next generation of AMD cards.
      If I am going to spending a bunch of money $600-$800 on a new video card this fall, I am expecting much better RTRT from the RX6000 generation of cards.

Comment

It surely looks like AMD gets its profits elsewhere. Jokes aside maybe they've given up on these parts considering Zen4/RDNA3 are around the corner. I'm looking forward to them. I hope RNDA3 will feature decent RTRT performance for a change, they are currently trailing NVIDIA by a large margin.
        What are the big profit centers for AMD right now?

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post

What are the big profit centers for AMD right now?
          I presume cloud contracts and consoles.

Their earnings report is way too hard for me to parse. Intel and NVIDIA always show break downs by segments, AMD doesn't seem to follow.
          Last edited by birdie; 29 July 2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I presume cloud contracts and consoles.

Their earnings report is way too hard for me to parse. Intel and NVIDIA always show break downs by segments, AMD doesn't seem to follow.
            Thanks for providing a link to that earnings report. WOW! you were not kidding, that is report is hard to find details on where they are making their profit at.
            AMD has a lot of volume with the consoles, but AFAIK it is a far less profitable. But it makes up for that because of how long they will be making the console and they are produce in large enough numbers.

Comment

Working...
            X