AMD Radeon 680M Graphics Are A Great Upgrade With RDNA2, Excellent On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon 680M Graphics Are A Great Upgrade With RDNA2, Excellent On Linux

Phoronix: AMD Radeon 680M Graphics Are A Great Upgrade With RDNA2, Excellent On Linux

Last week when posting my initial Linux benchmarks of the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U performance (and also looking at the AMD Rembrandt Windows vs. Linux speed), there were two main areas to get excited about with these AMD Zen 3+ SoCs: nice power efficiency improvements across many real-world workloads and the graphics upgrade with the integrated Radeon 680M. In this article are more tests of the Radoen 680M graphics looking at the integrated graphics speed-up with RDNA2 finally replacing Vega as a big upgrade and also how this compares to the Intel Alder Lake P Xe Graphics performance for Linux laptops.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how does RDNA cope with non gaming tasks like OpenCL, Blender and Davinci Resolve. Are there any plans to benchmark these types of tests on RDNA? Thanks.

Comment

Is there any difference between 6850U and 6850H(S) in terms of GPU performance?
      Or is the extra TDP purely for the CPU?

Comment

Originally posted by plinkyplonky View Post
        I wonder how does RDNA cope with non gaming tasks like OpenCL, Blender and Davinci Resolve. Are there any plans to benchmark these types of tests on RDNA? Thanks.
        I'll be trying ROCm/OpenCL shortly.... Haven't gotten that far yet.

Unfortunately last time I tried DaVinci Resolve there were blockers around being able to properly automate it fully.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post
          Is there any difference between 6850U and 6850H(S) in terms of GPU performance?
          Or is the extra TDP purely for the CPU?
          The AMD.com page indicates the same GPU clock and core count, so presumably more on the CPU side, but alas no hardware to test.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

AMD is offering 20% more performance at HALF the power.

Comment

That is some seriously impressive GPU performance.

Intel, WTF are you doing? The efficiency is horrible! I do wonder if you limited it to 60fps, what the performance / efficiency curves would look like for these GPUs.

Comment

Intel is all over the place, are their drivers ok? The Portal 2 in particular leaves me puzzled, vulkan more than doubles the performance.

I think the GPU itself is quite a bit faster than the AMD one, mostly due to the massive power budget, but the driver is holding it back horribly.

Comment

Those are some really impressive results. Makes me wonder how much better the RDNA2 iGPUs will be. And RDNA3 for that matter.

Comment

• Affordable laptops based on 6800U/6850 are nowhere to be found.
                    • 6600U/6650U graphics is cut in half.
                    And the net result of it? People flocking to Intel ADL. AMD seems not to be interested in selling laptops based on the mobile Ryzen 6000 series.

Comment

Working...
                    X