AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post
    next card with any relevance to benchmark will be the 5nm RDNA3 7700XT... they say it is 6900 performance with only 8GB vram
    Yeah Moore's Law is Dead did say that.

I believe that the Navi 33 card you're referring to is a monolithic GPU on TSMC 6nm, so potentially cheaper because of that and the lower VRAM, while Navi 31/32 are TSMC 5nm + 6nm using multiple dies.

It's also possible that it will be called a 7600 XT, because AMD probably does not want to lower VRAM from the 6700 XT (12 to 8), even if it is more powerful than a 6900 XT in many scenarios. I guess a 7700 XT would be a partially disabled Navi 32.
    Last edited by jaxa; 17 May 2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

While the 6750 XT is pretty much a Snoozefest for Linux, this article really highlights AMDs cost/performance advantage on Linux, especially in the mid range. Had $500 to spend on a GPU and the market as of today looks like this:

* €930 buys me a Radeon RX 6800
      * €830 buys me a Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
      * €790 buys me a Geforce RTX 3070
      * €660 buys me a Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
      * €650 buys me a Radeon RX 6700 XT
      * €520 buys me a Radeon RX 6600 XT
      * €500 buys me a Geforce RTX 3060
      * €480 buys me a Geforce RTX 2060 Super
      * €380 buys me a Radeon RX 6600

So, with the market being what it is, and 6600 being on par with 3060 and 2060 Super, I went with the obvious choice and put $120 towards the upcoming 2023 AMD or Intel systems. Since Europe currently suffer high electricity prices due to a certain idiotic conflict in eastern Europe, power efficiency is currently a quite important decision, since every kWh saved is €1 more to spend on other things. But let's see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by wertigon View Post
        While the 6750 XT is pretty much a Snoozefest for Linux, this article really highlights AMDs cost/performance advantage on Linux, especially in the mid range. Had $500 to spend on a GPU and the market as of today looks like this:

So, with the market being what it is, and 6600 being on par with 3060 and 2060 Super, I went with the obvious choice and put $120 towards the upcoming 2023 AMD or Intel systems. Since Europe currently suffer high electricity prices due to a certain idiotic conflict in eastern Europe, power efficiency is currently a quite important decision, since every kWh saved is €1 more to spend on other things. But let's see what happens!
        Actually you can get the RX 6600 XT in the NL from €450 upwards. Last year got my ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger Pro abt. a week after launch for €499, was extremely lucky getting it at that price. When not gaming or other things I do mine with it and the vram stays around 75C and the GPU under 65C.

Comment

Originally posted by DRanged View Post

Actually you can get the RX 6600 XT in the NL from €450 upwards. Last year got my ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger Pro abt. a week after launch for €499, was extremely lucky getting it at that price. When not gaming or other things I do mine with it and the vram stays around 75C and the GPU under 65C.
          You can always get stuff cheaper and prices are never static, prices listed above was the market when I made my purchase. Still, right now you are paying roughly around 25-30% more for Nvidia, at the same performance tier. For Linux users that make very little sense, I hope this situation improves soon - though AMD clawing back a couple % of market share is a good thing right?

Comment

Originally posted by wertigon View Post

I only spent 1111 € for an OEM-PC containing a nVidia RTX 3060 Ti, while a similar offering with a RDNA2 GPU at a similar price point didn't exist, so finding an Ampere GPU at a reasonable price is actually easier than finding an AMD equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

I only spent 1111 € for an OEM-PC containing a nVidia RTX 3060 Ti, while a similar offering with a RDNA2 GPU at a similar price point didn't exist, so finding an Ampere GPU at a reasonable price is actually easier than finding an AMD equivalent.
              Depends on the market.

Comment

Cheapest 6750 XT here (Mexico) is about $700USD (6700 XT are not that much cheaper). Not spending that kind of money on a GPU. 6600/6650 XTs are about $600ish right now. I don't want to spend $600 either (not on a card like the 6600/6650 XT), but cheaper AMD cards are very lackluster and are in no way meaningful upgrades over my RX 480.
                Last edited by Melcar; 01 June 2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                  Cheapest 6750 XT here (Mexico) is about $700USD (6700 XT are not that much cheaper). Not spending that kind of money on a GPU. 6600/6650 XTs are about $600ish right now. I don't want to spend $600 either (not on a card like the 6600/6650 XT), but cheaper AMD cards are very lackluster and are in no way meaningful upgrades over my RX 480.
                  A Phoenix APU will probably be somewhat weaker than RX 480 in 2 years, and the one after that could be faster. Not meaningfully so, but great efficiency.

Maybe the death of the low-end discrete GPUs (<$200) has been greatly exaggerated, since Intel is jumping into the fray. Nvidia, AMD, and Intel will be competing over at least the next few years. Hang onto your RX 480 for a couple of years, and you will have much better options.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxa View Post

A Phoenix APU will probably be somewhat weaker than RX 480 in 2 years, and the one after that could be faster. Not meaningfully so, but great efficiency.

Maybe the death of the low-end discrete GPUs (<$200) has been greatly exaggerated, since Intel is jumping into the fray. Nvidia, AMD, and Intel will be competing over at least the next few years. Hang onto your RX 480 for a couple of years, and you will have much better options.

Intel keeps delaying their desktop parts, so who knows when they will come out. Both AMD and nvidia are choosing to forget the sub $300 market (they feed us scraps so they can save some face).

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                      Intel keeps delaying their desktop parts, so who knows when they will come out. Both AMD and nvidia are choosing to forget the sub $300 market (they feed us scraps so they can save some face).
                      I'm talking about the next few years. They will obviously have to dump Alchemist onto the market eventually, and then they will shift focus to Battlemage. The point is that with 3 companies competing we are more likely to see good low-end options in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X