Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Linux Gaming Performance

Phoronix: AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Linux Gaming Performance

Last week AMD launched the Radeon RX 6650 XT / RX 6750 XT / RX 6950 XT models as RDNA2 refreshed for 2022 with higher clock speeds as an interim launch until RDNA3 graphics cards debut later in 2022. Up for Linux benchmarking today is a look at the Radeon RX 6750 XT open-source driver performance using an ASRock Challenger Pro Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo at the end (emphasis mine):

the RX 6750 XT was a 2.3% faster than the RX 6750 XT
    Should probably be "RX 6700 XT" instead.

Comment

I really, really want a 6700 or 6750. They look like they'll push most every game I own at 4K60 and the rest at 2K60 upscaled. Because I'm a cheap-ass I'm excited for when the next generation of AMD GPUs will be released so I can pick up a 67XX on the cheap.

Michael
      For future articles would it be possible to switch the AMD colors around so that bright red is used for the primary card and dull red is used for everything else? I found some of the charts hard to quickly read/find the 6750 XT because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Michael
        For future articles would it be possible to switch the AMD colors around so that bright red is used for the primary card and dull red is used for everything else? I found some of the charts hard to quickly read/find the 6750 XT because of that.
        I'll do some testing to see if it plays well nicely, since it's all PTS automated... Right now the "highlight color" is set to be dimmed a percentage of the otherwise branded color, so just need to see if increasing the brightness from the base color still looks reasonable across all colors commonly used.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Considering it's a mid-cycle refresh, that's some disappointing performance increase for what looks like somewhat higher power draw.

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I really, really want a 6700 or 6750. They look like they'll push most every game I own at 4K60 and the rest at 2K60 upscaled. Because I'm a cheap-ass I'm excited for when the next generation of AMD GPUs will be released so I can pick up a 67XX on the cheap.
          Ha, that's what I thought! Ended up paying £860 (around $1200) for a 6800 XT.

Comment

Those "new" models are essentialy what AIB partners release as their OC variants. They wont have any effect on pricing of the overall lineup. Prices will continue to fall over the next months but I'm not sure if we ever get back to reasonable prices (200 € for upper midrange eg 6700, 3060).

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
              Those "new" models are essentialy what AIB partners release as their OC variants. They wont have any effect on pricing of the overall lineup. Prices will continue to fall over the next months but I'm not sure if we ever get back to reasonable prices (200 € for upper midrange eg 6700, 3060).
              Considering the worldwide inflation + customers getting used to paying higher amounts of money (e.g. 1200 $ for a Radeon 6800 XT is simply borderline), and all companies raising prices for all of their goods (because right now is the perfect time to get away with a price hike):

No, the times of buying a mid-range GPU for ~200 $/€/£ are definitely over!

Comment

Positively underwhelming, new lick of paint is all that I can see.

Comment

Michael there is a typo:
                  theL
                  Also, it's please consider implementing a Geometric Mean Of All Test Results / Cost.

Comment

Michael really only the 6950 would give us any news because you do not have a 6900

but this 6700 vs 6750 benchmark really a waste of money yes really we get it you get 2-3% higher performance for the same price

the power consumtion compared to the performance increase shows that its not a good idea to do so.

next card with any relevance to benchmark will be the 5nm RDNA3 7700XT... they say it is 6900 performance with only 8GB vram
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                    X