No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a pooch! When a RX590 beats it that is like being knocked out by Glass Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
      nvm, the one I was looking at just sold out LOL next cheapest is 400 cad,
      In EU the cheapest 6500 XT seems to be selling for about 280 EUR. While that's a little less than what I got my RX570 for some 4 years ago, it's also not a step forward in terms of performance or useful features.

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
      but generally warranty is 3-5 years on stuff I buy.
      Okay, that would make the purchase more reasonable. On the other hand, if the market recovers next year and you decide to get a "real" GPU, you'll have wasted good money on a card that will have almost zero second-hand value.

6500 XT may be appealing only to people who desperately need a GPU and can't buy a CPU with integrated graphics.

Comment

I bought a RX 580 for 169€, then my computer died. I sold my RX 580 a year ago for 200€. Now, I was finally able to buy my new computer and I'm rocking my Ryzen 7 5700G iGPU proudly until I can get a decent midrange card for under 300€. Sure, I can easily pay 700€ for a 6600, but I'm not going to pay these absurd prices out of principle.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCatX View Post
          In EU the cheapest 6500 XT seems to be selling for about 280 EUR. While that's a little less than what I got my RX570 for some 4 years ago, it's also not a step forward in terms of performance or useful features.

Okay, that would make the purchase more reasonable. On the other hand, if the market recovers next year and you decide to get a "real" GPU, you'll have wasted good money on a card that will have almost zero second-hand value.

6500 XT may be appealing only to people who desperately need a GPU and can't buy a CPU with integrated graphics.
          I don't see the shortage reasonably ending next year, the year after maybe. and while the performance is pretty terrible for the cost, it is still better than an Igpu, I don't think it's a good deal preformance is somewhere between an rx570 and an rx 580, I think that if it's available, it's better than nothing. of course it isn't available anyways so who really cares LOL

Comment

At 4GB of RAM, wouldn't it be better to stick at 900P. I would also love to see how well 900P upscales to 1440P on this card (using Radeon Supe Resolution built straight into the Windows driver*).

*Apparently, Glorious Eggroll's Proton builds also have AMD's upscaling built in but I haven't tried that yet.

Comment

This is not a dGPU, this is a joke.
              I am on a rx 480 8GB (nitro+) since 2016 (paid GPB 230), moved to r9 5900x last year (from i5 6500k), planning to get a good dGPU... NOT with this prices and offerings.
              rx480 8GB is better than this c**p and it looks it will stay for the next few years if manufacturers do not cop on
              Last edited by Grinness; 31 January 2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

The card is not flawed in design, it is flawed in naming. They should have called it RX 6400 XT then there couldn't be complaint of "oh it's worse than RX 5500 XT"

Comment

There are bunches of these available at my local store at $260, while most other GPUs are sold out or in limited numbers.

In comparison to other cards:
                  GT 1030 2GB $115
                  RX 560 4GB for $200
                  RX 550 4GB for $230
                  RX 6500XT 4GB for $260
                  GTX 1650 4GB for $290
                  GTX 1660 Super 6GB for $330
                  GTX 2060 6GB for $440
                  RX 6600 8GB for $470

Given those options, I'd say the 6600 or 1660 Super are clearly the best options, if you can spend that much money.

If you're limited to only looking at the 4GB cards, the 6500XT isn't bad at $70 cheaper than the 1660 Super.

Comment

Are there numbers on the 6500XT's power consumption? That could have been the only interesting metric...
                    Last edited by colo; 31 January 2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post
                      useless gpu, with ridiculous performance and high price.
                      this video review will help you.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMPtbp2WGY

Comment

Working...
                      X