Blender 3.0 Benchmarks - Performance Across 19 Different NVIDIA GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 3.0 Benchmarks - Performance Across 19 Different NVIDIA GPUs

Phoronix: Blender 3.0 Benchmarks - Performance Across 19 Different NVIDIA GPUs

Last week marked the debut of the highly anticipated Blender 3.0 open-source 3D modeling software. Since then I have been very busy putting Blender 3.0 through its paces with a lot of performance benchmarking across various CPUs and GPUs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice improvements.

Comment

open-source 3D modeling software with novideo driver is an oxymoron

Comment

This is something that you would ever seen in a software development but that is actually very rare: a constant increase of performance each new version!

Congrats to the Blender Team!

Comment

If someone is interested in AMD HIP vs CUDA vs optix on windows performance it is here https://techgage.com/article/blender...u-performance/
          Last edited by piotrj3; 06 December 2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

What a shame for the foss community, peddling proprietary tech from a lousy anti-competitive corporation...

Even when free, money is king... they are literally contributing to the obstruction of competition.
            Last edited by ddriver; 06 December 2021, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Blender is definitely an interesting project. I used it before it went open-source. What a piece of crap. Well, sort of. I mean it had a lot of features for free software but it had the most convoluted obtuse UI I had ever used in my life. Being open-source has improved it a lot but it's still not as good as it could be. Mirai/Nendo/Wings3D has the best 3D modelling interface ever conceived. I'm surprised more projects don't copy that design.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
                Blender is definitely an interesting project. I used it before it went open-source. What a piece of crap. Well, sort of. I mean it had a lot of features for free software but it had the most convoluted obtuse UI I had ever used in my life. Being open-source has improved it a lot but it's still not as good as it could be. Mirai/Nendo/Wings3D has the best 3D modelling interface ever conceived. I'm surprised more projects don't copy that design.
                Y'know that was 20 years ago, right?

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                  If someone is interested in AMD HIP vs CUDA vs optix on windows performance it is here https://techgage.com/article/blender...u-performance/
                  Erm yeah... Why aren't the Vega or CDNA cards there?
                  It's sad that Blender is open-source but ironically favors open-source hating vendor...

Guess somebody should make MUDA (yeah, CUDA retranslation layer for AMD like Dolphin is from PPC to x86 or Box86 is from x86 to ARM) and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Erm yeah... Why aren't the Vega or CDNA cards there?
                    It's sad that Blender is open-source but ironically favors open-source hating vendor...

Guess somebody should make MUDA (yeah, CUDA retranslation layer for AMD like Dolphin is from PPC to x86 or Box86 is from x86 to ARM) and be done with it.
                    Because officially anything before RDNA2 is unsupported. Unofficially RDNA1 should work, but no info about Vega/Polaris.

Comment

Working...
                    X