OpenCL 3.0.8 Released With New Extension To Help AI Inferencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder
    Yeah, it's all a little scary, but that's the relentless march of progress for you. Technology is a Pandora's Box. Since the dawn of civilization, humans have been creating ever more ingenious ways to kill each other, or at least shift the power balance in their favor.
    Turkey is said to have used the first fully autonomous drones in combat in Libya earlier this year. Israel has had fully autonomous mini tanks patrolling the border with Lebanon for a couple of years. Russia has been flight testing S-70 Okhotnik and it should go into service with SU-57 next year. The US has it's carrier refueler as the first version of theirs but they are already testing the autonomous fighter drone version.

We will all be wiped out by the autonomous drones in a few years. That is why all the billionaires are trying to GTFOOH and get to space.

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Their ROCm stack claims 2.2 support.
    Perhaps you mean the Mesa stack?
    If only it worked with their consumer cards.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
      Israel has had fully autonomous mini tanks patrolling the border with Lebanon for a couple of years.
      Like > 10 years ago, I remember reading about South Korea deploying autonomous patrol robots to the DMZ.

We will all be wiped out by the autonomous drones in a few years. That is why all the billionaires are trying to GTFOOH and get to space.
      LOL. No, they're mostly just rich boys playing with expensive toys. It's like the 21st century version of how they used to compete for who had the biggest yacht.

Nowhere in space is as safe as the safest places on Earth. Space is a very hostile place. Even orbiting safely within the Earth's magnetic field, astronauts experience genetic damage from radiation, as well as reduced immune function, muscle wasting, and other health problems. And these are incredibly fit people.

In completely unrelated news, I hear the personal bunker business is booming since the pandemic. I wonder when the amount of land owned by paranoid rich people in Montana will exceed that owned by ranchers.

Comment

I thought the goal was to ship the masses out to space so the billionaires could enjoy the Earth in peace.

The killer robots are just there to expedite the process of loading us onto the spaceships
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X