No announcement yet.

GravityMark Launches As Cross-API Graphics Benchmark From Former Unigine Dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GravityMark Launches As Cross-API Graphics Benchmark From Former Unigine Dev

Phoronix: GravityMark Launches As Cross-API Graphics Benchmark From Former Unigine Dev

There's a new, cross-platform, cross-API graphics benchmark out there that is free to download and focused on delivering maximum GPU acceleration support when rendering hundreds of thousands of objects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

awesome, the nvidia driver already doesn't like the GLES version and hangs the box here.

Comment

I like it.
      I'm going to dig out the Michael Stearns Album Planetary Unfolding to listen to while the benchmark runs.

Comment

Frustum finally moved from inner Russia? I like to hear about him.

Comment

Fuuu... okay, who blew up the friggin' moon, guys?

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
            Fuuu... okay, who blew up the friggin' moon, guys?
            Probably the senator from TX that recently inquired about if moving the moon might be possible. I ❤︎ TX but its just funny...

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

Probably the senator from TX that recently inquired about if moving the moon might be possible. I ❤︎ TX but its just funny...
              Not as bad as "hEy GuYs CaN wE bOmB tOrNaDoEs To StOp ThEm?"

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Not as bad as "hEy GuYs CaN wE bOmB tOrNaDoEs To StOp ThEm?"
                Arguably it's worse... as moving the moon is many orders of magnitude more energy required to accomplish, and instead of blowing up your neighboring state you might blow up the whole moon

Also alot of ideas like this were floated back in the 50s and 60s... making such inquiries doesn't mean that person is particularly dumb I am certain there are other fields were I would ask similarly dumb questions but they would excel at.

Comment

Arguably it's worse... as moving the moon is many orders of magnitude more energy required to accomplish, and instead of blowing up your neighboring state you might blow up the whole moon

Also alot of ideas like this were floated back in the 50s and 60s... making such inquiries doesn't mean that person is particularly dumb I am certain there are other fields were I would ask similarly dumb questions but they would excel at.
                  I remember reading something about the mayor of Boston asking MIT if they could use flamethrowers to melt snow more effectively during winter..........

Comment

OMG. I misread your original post, assuming you meant something about moving to the moon, as in living on it.

Looking it up now, it appears that Rep Gohmert was spreading/influenced-by some disinformation about "Milankovitch cycles" possibly accounting for climate change. There are some easy-to-find takedowns of the idea, as well as how infeasible it'd be to change the moon's orbit on any kind of interesting timescale and how much could go badly wrong if one succeeded (not to mention in the attempt). Worse, it has virtually no prospect for influencing climate change, at least not without creating even more catastrophic problems for human civilization.

Also alot of ideas like this were floated back in the 50s and 60s... making such inquiries
                    Well, it's a fun question for a physicist to contemplate, in the same way that Randall Munroe explored the prospect of illuminating the new moon with laser pointers:

But, this wasn't asked by a web comic author. This was an elected representative asking a federal employee of the US Forest Service about changing the orbit of the moon, in a Congressional hearing!

doesn't mean that person is particularly dumb I am certain there are other fields were I would ask similarly dumb questions but they would excel at.
                    You know they each have full-time staff, right? I highly doubt this was an off-the-cuff question. If it was, he should've thought better of asking it. If not, he or his staff certainly had time to fly it by someone who could've clued him into the absurdity of the proposition. But, he clearly didn't want to avoid making a mockery, which is why he asked it of a deputy chief of the US Forest Service.

Comment

Working...
                    X