Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Teasing 8 June Launch Event For New Radeon Card

Phoronix: AMD Teasing 8 June Launch Event For New Radeon Card

Following this week's big AMD keynote at the virtual Computex 2021, AMD just sent out emails teasing another launch event coming next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

SR-IOV pretty please.

Comment

I really want to see AMD repurpose some of its silicon that's potentially not viable for video cards but could still be good for mining and produce mining cards like CMP HX.

Comment

I really hope your penultimate paragraph is correct...

Comment

Uses miniDisplayPort for its graphics adapters? Definitely a workstation/PRO card (if the shroud wasn't a hint enough).

Cheers,
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mroche View Post
            Uses miniDisplayPort for its graphics adapters? Definitely a workstation/PRO card (if the shroud wasn't a hint enough).

Cheers,
            Mike
            You're right. The Radeon HD 5870 EyeFinity 6 Edition (I still think AMD missed a trick by not calling it the 5876!) is as far as I can remember the only consumer grade card where mini-DP was used. For good reason, fitting six of any other port on the card would have been... well, "troublesome" just about covers it.

I remember all the fun of trying to find active DisPort adaptors. Urgh.

AMD did something amazing with EyeFinity. I'd use it (and nVidia Surround) more, but while I can fit a decent sized 4K monitor in my current apartment, I can't fit 3x 1440p monitors like I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
              The Radeon HD 5870 EyeFinity 6 Edition is as far as I can remember the only consumer grade card where mini-DP was used. For good reason, fitting six of any other port on the card would have been... well, "troublesome" just about covers it.

AMD did something amazing with EyeFinity. I'd use it (and nVidia Surround) more, but while I can fit a decent sized 4K monitor in my current apartment, I can't fit 3x 1440p monitors like I used to.
              my MSI Lightning 7970 has four mini-DP ports and two DVI ports.

yes, i loved eyefinity too back in the day. still have three monitors, but now it is one 38" flanked by two old 19's in portrait.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
                You're right. The Radeon HD 5870 EyeFinity 6 Edition (I still think AMD missed a trick by not calling it the 5876!) is as far as I can remember the only consumer grade card where mini-DP was used. For good reason, fitting six of any other port on the card would have been... well, "troublesome" just about covers it.

I remember all the fun of trying to find active DisPort adaptors. Urgh.

I had a couple other models with mDP, it was not that rare.

The fun of active adapters was paying for them... Last time I look they cost as much as a entry level card.

Comment

According to Tom's Hardware, it's a Radeon Pro W6800 32GB, which uses Navi 21.

Comment

The card isn't blue it has red and blue lights pointed at it. I have to question why companies even bother making marketing material these days. Seems like a waste of money. No matter what you make some one will buy it even if it is just to strip the parts off of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X