NVIDIA RTX 30 Series vs. AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance For April 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    That is a good point. Unlike in Windows, the 6900XT could actually stand to be the all-around #1 option, and would be the first time they would top most of the charts in Linux history. It practically sells itself.
    It won't sell just the 6900XT, but the whole AMD brand as being the fastest on Linux. I can't believe how they are missing such an unique opportunity.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Please everybody take a moment to think about how big of an opportunity AMD is wasting by not sending Michael a 6900XT.
      They truly couldn't have a dumbest marketing department
      If you do not have enough units to sell, why should you spend money in marketing? To make the people interested in something, that they can not buy?

Comment

Michael
        Thanks for the interesting comparison. It was surely a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
          If you do not have enough units to sell, why should you spend money in marketing? To make the people interested in something, that they can not buy?
          It's for lasting impressions. For example, why do you think Intel still has such a long following despite all their struggles in the past few years? AMD needs to do everything they can to show they can actually be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            It's for lasting impressions. For example, why do you think Intel still has such a long following despite all their struggles in the past few years? AMD needs to do everything they can to show they can actually be #1.
            Then you have to take expectation management into account. When you tell people, how well your products are, and they believe you and want to buy them - fine!
            But when you then have to tell them: "I don't know, when I can deliver a unit to you - maybe in a few month or so"
            There will be a lasting impression, that is anything but positive.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
              Then you have to take expectation management into account. When you tell people, how well your products are, and they believe you and want to buy them - fine!
              But when you then have to tell them: "I don't know, when I can deliver a unit to you - maybe in a few month or so"
              There will be a lasting impression, that is anything but positive.
              Not when your competitors have the same problem...
              There's a big difference between availability issues because your chip doesn't have high enough yields vs availability issues because demand is the highest it's been since maybe ever. It'd be idiotic to think this is AMD's fault or just an AMD problem, so it should have no impact on lasting impressions.

Comment

I would always prefer RTX 30 series over AMD Radeon as far as gaming is concerned. I am using RTX 2060 for more than two years and I must stay it is a beast performer with great stability. But can deny the fact AMD has improved a lot over the past few years.

Comment

Working...
                X