Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Radeon Driver Performance Against NVIDIA Linux Gaming For March 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Radeon Driver Performance Against NVIDIA Linux Gaming For March 2021

Phoronix: Open-Source Radeon Driver Performance Against NVIDIA Linux Gaming For March 2021

Recently working on some fresh tests using the latest NVIDIA proprietary driver stack against the open-source AMD Radeon Linux graphics driver code in its newest form, here are some fresh benchmarks for this latest round of Linux OpenGL/Vulkan gaming tests.

https://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=30006

The 6800 XT beats the 3080 with a nice margin, who would have imagined 5 years ago?
    Give it a few more months and the 6800 will beat it as well.
    If only AMD had a decent compute driver as well
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Yes, the 6800xt is not only faster than the 3080 but the power consumption is also lower (or at least not higher).
      Nice one AMD!

Comment

Perhaps I should've had more faith, but I am surprised to see the 6800XT beating the 3080 consistently with a lot less power.

Comment

Unavailable cards vs Unavailable cards.

Comment

Mesa is like a good wine. The more mature it gets the more delightfully it is. They should name their releases after good wines. .....21. "Chateaux Latour"

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              Mesa is like a good wine. The more mature it gets the more delightfully it is. They should name their releases after good wines. .....21. "Chateaux Latour"
              That's the thing - these drivers are still relatively immature. There's still room for improvement, and that says a lot considering they're already really good.

Comment

AMD beats Nvidia now - nice. Where can I buy Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT though? It's like some unobtanium.

Comment

RX 6800XT is a beast. IC is a great solution to increasing bandwidth requirements.
                  I wonder how big was the contribution of the Zen team to the success.

Comment

I haven't been keeping up to date but are these similar results on Windows systems?

Comment

Working...
                    X