Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces The Radeon RX 6700 XT For $479

Phoronix: AMD Announces The Radeon RX 6700 XT For $479

AMD today announced the Radeon RX 6700 XT as the newest RDNA 2 graphics card to begin shipping later this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeah, these are gonna be any easier to get gold of!

and no chance in hell a RRP !!!!!

Comment

This is insane, 192Bit GPU at nearly $500. What is AMD smoking pricing their 192Bit GPU at 479 against Nvidia's 192Bit 3060 at MSRP $329?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix_is_awesome View Post
        This is insane, 192Bit GPU at nearly $500. What is AMD smoking pricing their 192Bit GPU at 479 against Nvidia's 192Bit 3060 at MSRP $329?
        I think that AMD realised that MSRP is just worthless word at current situation in GPU segment for customers and just want to sell chips at higher prices for partners for get some extra cash, because at now from overpriced GPUs mostly distributors and shops have extra gains. When situation will be back to normal (I hope) AMD will just drop MSRP down for this GPU.

Comment

Few care about the 192 bits, question is it faster then the RTX 3070 on average... or not.

Comment

Well this is definitely going to be another "blink and you'll miss it" type product launch... Maybe I should just join in with the scalpers and cryptominers and just use my PHP skills (been doing a whole bunch of PHP stuff at work over the last couple of years) to build myself a scalper bot so I can actually get one? Or maybe I'm just going to hold onto my 1070 Ti for another 6 months now that it's finally back from having the botched warranty repair corrected?

Then again knowing the way retailers have been behaving for the last year I strongly suspect it'll be almost impossible to buy one without the now standard 200€ premium above MSRP, at which point it's just not worth it.

Honestly, the whole GPU market has just gone plain stupid to the point of becoming a parody of itself. Skyrocketing prices on both new and second hand GPUs while at the same time I bought a second hand Xbox One X, which has a GPU equivalent to a an RX 5700, two controllers (with battery packs + a charging cradle) and a headset for just 140€, shipping included. Which is less than what I'd have to pay for a 1650 4GB new or about the same as a second hand GTX 970 3.5GB.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBroadley View Post

Few care about the 192 bits, question is it faster then the RTX 3070 on average... or not.
              Don't wanna be argumentative. But to bench a 192bit 12GB VRAM card against 3070 8GB at 1440P Ultra to intentionally bust through the 3070's 8GB VRAM is kinda bad benchmarking in my mind. Plus running a 192Bit card at 230W vs 3060's 170W is another no no. No ROCm support, no tensorcores. The only upside is non-castrated hashing rate. This is not a gamer's card. It is squarely targeted at full hashrate miners.

Comment

the 192bit 3060 does not have infinity cache....
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

AMD surely loves its fans.

Loves to r@pe its fans.

So much for customers first.

Comment

Very, VERY disappointed at the price point. The consumer gpu market as a whole is a total joke at this point, and it will end up bitting them in the behind long term. Without massive access to cheap gpus, gamers can't enter the next gen of gaming, and without a large installed base next gen AAA games (which cost a lot to make) are a big no no. And this in the end removes the incentive to upgrade anyway, i have ended up playing mostly indie, AA, and strategy titles the last few years.... This won't end well for the whole market.

Comment

Working...
                    X