AMD Announces The Radeon RX 6700 XT For $479

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

the mechanism itself is not relative. but the customers are. some are rich they don'T care about the price at all.
    some are poor they don't buy anything even if they have demand...
    some people even get supply and they do not even have demand at all

like [email protected] he gets a lot of gaming graphic cards and he never play any game...
    This is why he have a hot wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      Bullshit article, as always. No specific numbers, no concrete info regarding money loss on HW.

It seems as if they’re selling at a loss on both consoles.
      Yes, "it seems" is apparently a fact now. Those garbage MSM sites...

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

right now miners only like nvidia with GDDR6x and 256 and 386bit memory interface.

miners don't like AMD Infinity cache.... 6800/6900 have 128mb infinity cache and 6700 has 94mb infinity cache...

the reason why miners don't like it is this: the working thread of etherium is 4GB and this does not fit into the 128mb cache.
        yeah right. that's why the 3060 was snatched by miners before it was even released and nvidia announced the mining nerf. it has gddr6 memory and a 192 bit memory interface.

in the grand scheme of things, it either mines etherium well or it doesn't given its price, power consumption and performance. for the 6700xt that's still to be established, but it it does mine etherium well, then most of the stock will be bought up by them well before the gpus even get a chance to reach the retailers.

Comment

in the real world cheapest electricity comes from solar panels since several years ago
          pal666, I am long around here to know that you like to troll around. I don't know if you simply want to anger people or really belief in what you post over here. But please, it is getting to absurd levels lately picking and twisting facts to your linking. That comment in particular is just plain wrong. Solar power is not cheap by any means as you need to take grid and battery storage costs into account as you barely consume the power when they are at peak levels. You also need to bridge autumn and winter times when they just don't deliver the capacity due to dark weather and barely any wind. Just compare the electricity costs and CO2 emissions from France and Germany, that will tell you that France does something right (half of the costs and only a fraction of the CO2 emissions) and Germany is just doing something very stupid (among the highest electricity costs in the world, still bad CO2-emission levels). And that in spite of pumping billions into the solar and wind sector. We would be better off with investing into modern nuclear power plants. But Phoronix is not the right forum to debate that topic.

Comment

your definition requires imaginary world where there are other foundries with same capabilities(no, "also a foundry" isn't enough)
            so amd has to spend extra resources to design inferior hardware just to please you(samsung has same shortage issue)?
            I am not aware of any shortages at Samsung, they had some yield issues probably due to Nvidia's last minute decision to go with their 8nm process because they couldn't secure supply at TSMC. But I've read that these issues have been solved with a newer chip revision. Just because we can't buy Ampere cards doesn't mean Samsung has issues producing them, remember that Nvidia is selling some portions directly to miners.

As Nvidia demonstrates, Samsung's process is reasonable for lower-end chips and considerably cheaper, that would be good enough to sell something in the low and mid-range in volume. That would be still better than not selling anything at all in that segment.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyamc View Post
              What you said didn’t provide any clarity
              for you... but who cares? i don't care. if you have a question then ask i will answer.

but otherwise i don't care.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by ms178 View Post

pal666, I am long around here to know that you like to troll around. I don't know if you simply want to anger people or really belief in what you post over here. But please, it is getting to absurd levels lately picking and twisting facts to your linking. That comment in particular is just plain wrong. Solar power is not cheap by any means as you need to take grid and battery storage costs into account as you barely consume the power when they are at peak levels. You also need to bridge autumn and winter times when they just don't deliver the capacity due to dark weather and barely any wind. Just compare the electricity costs and CO2 emissions from France and Germany, that will tell you that France does something right (half of the costs and only a fraction of the CO2 emissions) and Germany is just doing something very stupid (among the highest electricity costs in the world, still bad CO2-emission levels). And that in spite of pumping billions into the solar and wind sector. We would be better off with investing into modern nuclear power plants. But Phoronix is not the right forum to debate that topic.

the sooner you get of the nuclear bandwagon the sooner we can move on. nuclear power is dead for most cases. it costs way too much and people don't like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anarchy View Post

the sooner you get of the nuclear bandwagon the sooner we can move on. nuclear power is dead for most cases. it costs way too much and people don't like it.
                  the sooner you get off the solar and wind bandwagon the sooner we can move on, solar and wind power is dead for most cases. it costs way too much and people don't like it.

Comment

sure, every city should build its own $18 billion foundry, that will certainly bring wafer prices down. it's appalling how not smart average gamer is
                    cities are clearly to small yes. but nations can do it, by the way nations like germany do have in fact their own fabs

sure it is 12nm and not 5/7nm but as i wrote you can do modern gpu with RDNA2 architectur on 12nm.
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

you are confusing facts with desires. fact is "moore's law is slowing down"
                      No desire was involved here, just logic. Fact is "technology did not advance as fast as it could", and there are many reasons for it, it really isn't a dispute that "patent laws" are one of the biggest hurdle in advancment of the civilization, that's also a fact, you can try to polish it in any way you want, but the core issue is still there.

Comment

Working...
                      X