No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 vs. NVIDIA RTX 30 Linux Performance Heating Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the 5th test for F1 2017; how did team GREEN win over team RED with LESS min and max FPS ? I demand a RECOUNT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Amazing performance!
      Thank you very much to AMD, Valve and ll the independent developers out there!
      Finally, when it comes to gaming, there's not reason to buy Nvidia.
      Nice acceptance speech.

Comment

Thanks for including 1080p !

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Amazing performance!
          Thank you very much to AMD, Valve and ll the independent developers out there!
          Finally, when it comes to gaming, there's not reason to buy Nvidia.
          bridgman Thank your team who helped with this and if there are any Valve people or any one else who has contributed to these improvements, thank you. It is good to see that some of the recent financial success of both AMD and Valve is being funneled back into open source and not just back into stock buy backs. And for all of you volunteers who also contributed, nice work.
          Last edited by f0rmat; 08 February 2021, 12:43 PM.
          GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
            On the 5th test for F1 2017; how did team GREEN win over team RED with LESS min and max FPS ? I demand a RECOUNT!!!
            You mean this?

Worse min, worse max, same avg.
            Also I think it's CPU bounded, considered how well the 3060 Ti runs it, compared to the 3080.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              Nice! But what happend to Radeon VII. AFAIK the last time it was en par with the 5700XT.
              It is in the graphs?

And a bit better than 5700XT

Comment

This is the end of world...
                And AMD card that blasts entirely an NVIDIA one...

Ah... Fine it's cost only 2K bucs...

Comment

I haven't bought an AMD GPU in ages... Any recommendations on the brand? I don't buy MSI anything as a general rule, but otherwise I'm probably open-minded to most others.

Too bad no 6900 xt Vs 3090 results here... Definitely curious to know what shape the drivers are in there for the 6900 xt under Linux.

Michael, hopefully you will eventually get your hands on a 6900 xt! Would have been nice to also see 3090 results here as the results suggest the 6800 xt under Linux wouldn't have it far behind in most cases.

I'm definitely not getting less than a 6800 xt.
                  Last edited by hiryu; 08 February 2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    This round of tests was conducted on an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X system with the ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO Wii motherboard
                    I didn't know ASUS made motherboards for a 14-year-old game console...

Edit: Michael there are too many typos on this article... Are you OK?
                    Last edited by tildearrow; 08 February 2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Siuoq View Post

You mean this?

Worse min, worse max, same avg.
                      Also I think it's CPU bounded, considered how well the 3060 Ti runs it, compared to the 3080.
                      Yeah, this s*it is CPU bottle necked as hell. One of fastest game on my integrated Ryzen 4650G Vega APU.

Comment

Working...
                      X