Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oleid
    replied
    Thus you can have a 100% free software solution with the Kepler GPU unlike newer NVIDIA GPUs on Nouveau or even newer Intel and AMD GPUs also requiring firmware blobs for hardware initialization.
    This Nvidia GPU does load firmware. The only difference is, that the firmware isn't signed. So once could as well use an AMD GPU with a similar number of outputs and power specs and be done.

APU is a solid choice, too. The following board has four display outputs:
    Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™3000, 3000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 5000 and 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors; 6 Power Phase design; Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC); 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 x PCI; Graphics Output Options: D-Sub, HDMI, DVI-D, DisplayPort*; 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec); 4 x SATA3, 1 x Ultra M.2 (Gen3 x4 & SATA3); 6 x USB 3.2 Gen1(4 x Rear, 2 x Front); 6 x USB 2.0 (2 x Rear, 4 x Front); Realtek Gigabit LAN, supports DASH function*Only DVI-D will function if DVI-D and DisplayPort 1.4 ports are both connected.
    Last edited by oleid; 22 October 2020, 10:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    This is of interest, thanks Michael. Now, I wonder if I can find one in Japan...

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I would rather just use the integrated graphics on a Intel CPU. The drivers are open source and very stable and good quality.
    Funny, I've had the exact opposite experience of Intel drivers in Linux, with multiple kernels (from 4.18-5.3) being unusable because the Intel driver would cause soft locks (and resets) of the iGPU at random intervals.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    GeForce GT 710! 👍😁 Passively cooled - that's what I've been using in my Debian server for many months now. It was a good choice, with it my UPS estimation time without AC power went from 50 minutes to an hour and few minutes, all thanks to getting rid of old AMD Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB and replacing it with GT 710 2GB. 😊 It's using less power so server can live longer within AC.

Leave a comment:

• timrburnham
    replied
    Bookmarking in case I need a GPU for SiFive's upcoming RISC-V PC. I haven't seen whether it's shipping with graphics output or nah.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Yawn, Matrox has been selling PCIe 1x graphics cards with multiple outputs for years now. Going all the way back to the 1990's, Matrox has always been a major player in the multi-output "display wall" GPU market. They have cards with up to 8 mini-dp outputs on them today.

Another option is a second hand workstation card. A used FirePro / Radeon Pro card with four outputs is very inexpensive on sites like e bay.
    Last edited by torsionbar28; 22 October 2020, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CommunityMember
    replied
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    This adapter is targeted at the digital signage market.
    And more often than not running Windows.....

Leave a comment:

• imirkin
    replied
    Originally posted by dwagner View Post
    The show stopper to use such a GPU is that it lacks the ability to drive 4k @ 60Hz.
    I believe the NVIDIA (proprietary) drivers support 4k@60 over HDMI using YUV 4:2:0 output. This was not originally supported in the Kepler generation, but I guess something they tacked on somehow.

And of course 4k@60 should work fine with DP without any such measures on Kepler (DP 1.2). But this board is HDMI-only.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Because I want to be able to use the computer also as a computer so it should have two outputs, one for the TV and one for the monitor.
    Plus, 4K@ 120 Hz requires HDMI 2.1, which the motherboards that advertise support they lie about supporting it as it's not the full bandwidth.
    Other thing it's that I want to use the best high quality image achieved by using filters and algorithms that only MPC-HC + MadVr can do.
    I've seen even RX 570 put to its knees when choosing high quality algorithms.
    I bet an APU would be even worse with MadVr.
    Tiger Canyon allegedly supports HDMI 2.1 up to 8k@60hz but whether it supports 4k@120hz is questionable. Full spec here, 2 xHDMI & 2x thunderbolt....

It won't be cheap either.

Leave a comment:

• onlyLinuxLuvUBack
    replied
    Originally posted by c117152 View Post
    Good to have a cheap and silent alternative to the Yeston 4GB RX550 in the low power and profile segment.

Dude your getting a dell?

rx550...
    dell part number 06J78X

Leave a comment:

• ezst036
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post

APUs depend on motherboard outputs, those tend to be only one (HDMI) port. This is my case in my X570 motherboard, infortunately.

I suffer it. I have two TVs plus two monitors. I want to use TVs as HTPC-like setup and extra monitor as extra seat, everything in a multiuser way.

I tried to use Miracast on TVs, no way to make it working. It sucks.

This card seems interesting in concept, but I would prefer something similar using a new AMD GPU. Video decoding for 4K and some gaming would be very nice to enjoy in family and friends
    I can only speak to a very small handful of AMD cards, but 16x cards light a monitor while in a 1x slot using an adapter such as this:

Buy 6-Pack Corn Electronics Updated Ver008S Mining Dedicated Riser Card PCI-E Express Cable 1x to 16x Ethereum ETH Mining 60cm USB 3.0 Cable 4 Solid Capacitors LED Indicator and Fuse Included with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I'm not saying you should. I'm just saying you could. And when I tried this, yes, it was testing for multiseat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X