No announcement yet.

Basemark GPU 1.2 Brings Linux Support - Wins For NVIDIA, Woes For Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, thanks for including 1920x1080 !

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post

This benchmark is seriously crippled. This result is impossible... Seriously what is going on here ?

GeForce GTX 1050 cannot even show a single frame yet it gets this result. If you enable z prepass system just gets stuck and all you can do is to kill the app.
      Very interesting. Running this benchmark on Sapphire Radeon RX 560 4GB with medium desktop setting at 1920x1200 (ASUS VW266H monitor) bested that score (C25457) with higher minimal frame-rate of 153 FPS and average of 255 FPS. Note the test was done on Mesa 19.2.8 from Fedora 31 Workstation using FlatPak version of Basemark 1.2.

Running Experience mode in Full Screen turned out smooth.

Comment

Looks like the benchmark mode is not very healthy. The experience should be the way to test the hardware. I bet an external software to follow the frame times may help.

Comment

finalzone SkyWarrior bare in mind that "medium" quality is designed for smartphones or very low end GPUs (that's what they say in the faq)

My results for the latest Mesa versions:

Mesa Vulkan High Results
          From top to down:
          • Mesa 19.2.8 with LLVM 9.0.0
          • Mesa 20.0.0 with LLVM 9.0.0
          • Mesa 20.0.0 with ACO
          • Mesa 19.3.4 with LLVM 9.0.0
          • Mesa 19.3.4 with ACO
          Mesa 19.1.2 gives a black image in a part of the test, so the results are misleading (it shows better frame rates that mesa 20.0.0 with ACO).

No artifacts nor rendering issues with the results I'm publishing (worth mention, 19.1.2 doesn't show graphics errors with OpenGL renderer).

BTW:
          Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.27.0, 5.0.0-37-generic, LLVM 9.0.0)

Last edited by Marco-GG; 10 March 2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

This benchmark appears to be tad biased and favors NVIDIA cards. So not surprising AMD does pretty bad with it.

Windows Results for Comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

yes it does https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...20_gpus,3.html ...even the 1660 and 1650 are performing way to good.
              Yeah I also noticed that people were reporting results (not sure if exclusive to nvidia cards) where their middle of the road cards performed at the level of a super computer

Comment

Working...
              X