Basemark GPU 1.2 Brings Linux Support - Wins For NVIDIA, Woes For Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pentarctagon View Post

Given the number and frequency of benchmark results reported on here, and that they have at times found regressions in the kernel and other components, probably quite a lot of people care about them.
    It seems you see no difference between valid benchmarks and biased or broken one.

Comment

It's not doing any favours for nVidia either, the minimum frames-per-second on the Geforces are down right horrible!

Comment

somesthing suspicious
        Ready for the Fastest Industrial Compute and Graphics Rendering?

The Only Industry Verified Engine -Rocksolid Engine is actively developed in cooperation with industry leaders, through our Benchmark Development Program......
        NVIDIA, Intel, Imagination, Samsung, Qualcomm
        AMD is not on board. AMD is not performing well....mh?
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 09 March 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
          Guys, what's the fuss about? This isn't different from any other bug that we've seen. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

(I guess it would've been nice if we got a bug report in mesa about it, but it's no biggie.)
          Its just your typical AMD is better than Nvidia garbage spewing because they feel they need to justify it when they encounter problems or jumped to AMD over problems with Nvidia and yet they will have problems with AMD anyway.

The reality is that both have pros and cons. Nvidia is 100% rock solid for me right now using the previous Vulkan 1.2 driver. Everything just works but I always see AMD GPUs having problems with Mesa. That's the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
            Is Buyers Remorse only a thing when you buy AMD GPUs ?
            It kinda depends on what you're going for. To me, AMD's been providing superiour support for my use cases (cutting-edge or non-standard kernel, actually supporting Wayland rather than demanding everyone change to a "standard" only supported by one closed source vendor driver, etc.). Because I need these things, NVIDIA wasn't even an option, period.

Given that, I've had very stable and useful accelerated graphics, with very few issues over the years, and since I never really got big accelerators until after my needs were cemented, I don't really have anything to compare it to, aside from intel which is not currently an option because there just aren't the same scale of accelerators available (yet).

RADV is great and I wish AMD would bless it, but it seems to be doing fine nonetheless, which is a sign of AMD's far superiour approach to community enablement.

TL;DR NVIDIA isn't even an option for me, and I suspect that's the same for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              somesthing suspicious
              Ready for the Fastest Industrial Compute and Graphics Rendering?

AMD is not on board. AMD is not performing well....mh?

For rocksolid amd dont count as industry leader ?

Comment

I wonder how it looks under Windows, if NVIDIA blows away AMD there also then it would be pretty obvious whats going on.

Comment

This benchmark is seriously crippled. This result is impossible... Seriously what is going on here ?

GeForce GTX 1050 cannot even show a single frame yet it gets this result. If you enable z prepass system just gets stuck and all you can do is to kill the app.

This piece of crap does not even qualify to be a tech demo yet being a benchmark is its purpose.

Forget it I am happy with my opensource drivers.
                  Last edited by SkyWarrior; 10 March 2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    I wonder how it looks under Windows, if NVIDIA blows away AMD there also then it would be pretty obvious whats going on.
                    yes it does https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...20_gpus,3.html ...even the 1660 and 1650 are performing way to good.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

For rocksolid amd dont count as industry leader ?

thanks for this nice addition xD

Comment

Working...
                      X