What brand 8800GTS to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand 8800GTS to buy?

So many choises and close to same price?
    im helping a friend who want to but a 8800GTS.. he wants to use tiger direct but there is like 4 or more diffrent brands all withing a $20 range. some are "superclocked" some look better than others.. how do I know what one to recomend?

Thanks

First off, Tiger Direct is a horrible etailer and if possible avoid it at all costs!

Some of the GeForce 8800GTS brands that are good include BFG Technology, eVGA, and ASUS.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Asus, BFG, EVGA, Leadtek, XFX. Don't waste your time with the rest. The differences between them are mostly in stock clockspeeds and some have a different HSF (perhaps one brand has a quieter one than the others).

Michael: I'm surprised by that comment. Is there something we need to know about TigerDirect? A few weeks from now I was going to buy many items I needed from that website...

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
        Michael: I'm surprised by that comment. Is there something we need to know about TigerDirect? A few weeks from now I was going to buy many items I needed from that website...
        Going to split this topic in case I go off on a rampage .

Tiger Direct Discussion: http://phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1270
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Tiger Direct Works for Me

Hello All,

My name is Dennis Winkowski, a Coporate Sales Rep for Tiger Direct. Sorry, you feel Tiger Direct is not so good. Hopefully I can change that.

If are in need of anything, let me know as I can offer discounts and we offer a lot more products on our business site.

I will do what I can to show you that Tiger Direct is a solid company and a great place to do business with.

Shoot me an email or give me a call.
          Dennis
          888-327-4719
          [email protected]

Comment

As the prices for the 8800 GTS 512 MB are much cheaper compared to germany do you send it to germany too?

Comment

We could by shipping UPS wolrdwide, but it would cost too much. There is a Tiger Direct in England I believe that would be better for you.

Comment

There are UK and germary to select, but these are misco and the price is much higher. When you compare the price in ? then you pay about 220? in US and >300? everywhere else. That's really annoying.

Comment

22" HP Monitor for $249.99

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you in on a steal of a deal.

HP 22" Monitor for $249.99

Give me a call or shoot me an email.

Dennis Winkowski
                  Tiger Direct
                  888-327-4719
                  [email protected]

Comment

tiger or not, debends what for it will come, guys **** a **** are you thinging really, that should tell/explain to you buy or not that card, anyway its your choise not any of us, sounding same crazy than any other, telling more that you choose.
                    Last edited by Mota_boy; 02 April 2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X